Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Oct 24, 2009, 10:15 AM
    an equation on the PSAT practice!
    I have trouble doing this problem:

If x= (square root of 3-y), what is y in terms of x?

How do I do this ?
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2009, 10:19 AM
    Well, do make sure you isolate y, and this is by doing the same mathematical operation on both sides of the equal sign so that the equality remains true.

How can you remove the square root?
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2009, 10:22 AM
    survivorboi? Are you still here?
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Oct 24, 2009, 05:19 PM

You have to square both sides of the equation to cancel the squ root. After that, I'd by x^2=3-y and I can solve that =) thanks!
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2009, 11:13 PM

You're welcome! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Making a word equation out of a symbol equation [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, I'm new here. I don't understand this thing with the word equation so well. I wondered if anybody could tell me if this is correct: CH4+3 O2 -> CO2+2 H2O (CH4=methane) my answer (the word equation): one methane atom (?) reacts with three oxygen molecules (?) to give one carbon...

I Really Need Helping forming the equation from the Word equation! [ 1 Answers ]

OK here we go I have been working forever on this question and I need help!! Zinc Sulfate heptahydrate + Potassium Carbonate PLEASE HELP!!

Word equation as chemical equation and balance [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help me with these. I don't get it.:confused: Aluminum bromide + chlorine yield aluminum chloride +bromine Potassium chlorate when heated yields potassium chloride + oxygen gas Hydrogen +nitrogen monoxide yield water + nitrogen

Will I be able to practice? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm just finishing my first year of law school, and am kind of embarrassed to ask this. I entered a debt settlement company, and they were lousy. I now have three accounts left, and with interest they are now in upwards of $30,000. I'm leaving the company, but the three account left are with...

View more questions Search