Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Adeel Javaid AU Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2009, 03:47 AM
    Reduce melanin
    How can I reduce the skin melanin production.Is it possible by vitamin C(Ascorbic Acid)?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 24, 2009, 05:18 AM

You can't control the melanin production of your skin, it is part of your DNA. You can buy lightening creams to offset your colour.

Tick
    EggoMini Posts: 161, Reputation: 5

Oct 24, 2009, 11:51 AM

You can remove sun damage & hyperpigmentation to get back to the color you had as a young child (or the color of the unexposed skin under your clothing).

A great sunblock like Anthelios 60 or Neutrogena for babies SPF 60 will protect your skin from extra darkening. Hats/protective clothing/seeking shade outdoors helps too.

There are many ways to exfoliate and restore your base color. Soaking and gentle scrubbing, Vitamin C serums, products with AHA/Glycolic/Kojic acids, papaya soaps.

Some people use peels or Retin-A but with the different reactions, it's best to be monitored by a professional (aesthetician, dermatologist) if you're not experienced with these stronger products.

Cremes and gels containing hydroquinone, sepiwhite, alpha-arbutin can help fade extra-dark patches, and permatanned(areas that have years of sun exposure.. often the forearms, forehead & face, back of neck, back of hands) to match your body's natural color. Those do affect melanin production.

However my aesthetician explained that they're(esp. HQ) used temporarily to fade darker areas to harmonize skin tone, not as a all over color changer on already even-toned skin.

I'm finding these forums really helpful.

Anti-Aging - Skin Care Talk

Melasma - Skin Care Talk

Skin Lightening - Skin Care Talk

Whatever products you use/regimen... sunscreen is extremely important. HTH!
    paglakhana Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2011, 02:35 AM
    **** off

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to reduce melanin in the skin to make skin fairer? [ 9 Answers ]

How to reduce melanin in the skin to make skin fairer?

What does reduce to au sec mean! [ 3 Answers ]

Its in a recipe I'm making Thanks

Ex going after more CS, should we try to reduce? [ 3 Answers ]

My husband's ex is taking him back to court in 2 weeks. Long story short (ha!): They were divorced 8 years ago with joint physical and legal custody of their 2 children who are now 13 and 11. At that time, he was ordered to pay her $125/week support. She doesn't currently nor has she ever worked...

Reduce fat [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, some one plese help me I have a very well maintained body , it is quite muscular I have no fat on any another part of my body except my cheeks So, hlp me hpw to reduce fat on side of my cheeks

Reduce Tan [ 2 Answers ]

I'm from the South Asian region, where it gets quite hot during summer. And I get tanned very easily even though I use sunscreen. I'd like to know any tips for reducing my tan and getting back my Fair & Lovely complexion. ;) Thanks!

View more questions Search