1928 $20 Bill
    Hi,
    I have a $20 bill - 1928 Washington, D.C. over the date
    Serial # E02390204A
    Sec. - A.W. Mellon
    Treas. - H.T. Tade?
    Green lettering
    Good condition?
    Says "REDEEMABLE IN GOLD ON DEMAND AT THE UNITED STATES TREASURY, OR IN GOLD OR LAWFUL MONEY AT ANY FEDERAL RESERVE BANK." over a big 5 with Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond Virginia in a circle around it. Now, my ? Is, is this a gold note or not?

Thanks for your help,
    Tonya

Need any more info, let me know...
    FeelinFroggy73 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2009, 05:56 AM

After reading how to grade the condition of the note, it is actually in "Fine" condition, if this helps.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2009, 08:00 PM

FeelinFroggy73- SANSWERS- #1 THE answer to your first
    QUESTION IS" NO"- it is a federal reserve bank note,green seal;;; #2- The treasury seal on the left end with a number "FIVE" in the center of the circle,and says" F.R.B."of RICHMOND VA.is right:: NOTE - The UNITED STATES is made up of"" 12 districts""Called " FEDERAL RESERVE BANK DISTRICTS: They start on the upper EAST coast,at BOSTON< WHICH it is called DISTRICT 1-A,Next is {2B-New York) (3C- Philadelphie) next is) ($-D is
    CLEVELAND) ( NEXT is ( 5-E is RICHMOND){as is the one you have in questiuon), IT ends up in " SAN FRANCISCO"
    ( 12-L" THE seal" on yours is" Green"The Signatures are -
    { TATE and MELLON } #2050- VF-20 - $50.00 }{ EF-40-$100.00][ UNC-63- $225.00}:: #2050 ( * ) $425.00][ $900.00}{ UNC-63- $ 2,500.00 ::: The numbers { #2050 &
    2050 ( * ) arer catalog numbers in the currency book ,and the " STAR" means - A STAR note{NOTE- on a note you will find a "star at the start or the end of the serial number,
    A star note is one that was damaged in some way during the printing of the note and it is pulled out and put down in the regerstry book and then put in the furnace and burned, then another note is printed and is the same as the first one ,and the " STAR " is purt at the start or at the end of the serial number;; Star notes are a lot more valuable then the reg notes are:: TONYA - I hope I have answered your questions for you ; if you have any more just come back and see us ; Have a great night and GOD BLESS ::: F.B.E. GOOD EVENING GLOUGH< I AM STILL SAYING A COUPLE PRAYERS :F.B.E.
    FeelinFroggy73 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2009, 01:01 PM
    What currency book are you referring too? And where can I buy it? I have a lot of old money and would be interested in its value... Thanks!

FeelinFroggy73
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2009, 11:32 PM

FeelingFroggy73- Here is a list of places you can get " Guide books -on { COINS:: PAPER CURENCY}
    I like the {Official RED BOOK_GUIDE BOOK OF ( UNITED STATES PAPER MONEY< PUT OUT BY "Whitman) ALSO THE OFFICIAL RED BOOK ON "UNITED STATES COINS} ALSO BU WHITMAN} YOU
    can get these books at " Books a million;; WALMART -book dept. BUT THE MOST REASONABLE PLACE I have found to get my books on any coin or paper currency is the following ;;{ Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more }Now- also you can go to your local LIBraryAND check out several different kinds of books on {coins and currency } USA;;COINS and currency of the world;; ECT.ECT>You will have to check with the libreian to find where they are at ;;; I would susgest that when you get a book or two is to start reading in the front of the book ,so that you will lear a lot about further in the book ;they have a lot of good infiormation in them ;;

I HOPE THAT I HAVE GIVEN YOU THE ANSWERS YOU WANTED <IF YOU HAVE ANY THING YOU NEED HELP WITH IN THIS AREA <JUST COME BACK TO THIS SITE ::: Have a great day and GOD BLESS:: F.B.E.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1928 dollar bill [ 12 Answers ]

I have a series 1928 dollar bill. The front of bill has the letter K. The signatures on the bill are Tate and Mellon. It has a blue seal. The plate number is K835. Can you tell me the value please

Series 1928 G $2 bill [ 2 Answers ]

I have some old $2 bills and wondered about their possible value. I have 1 series 1928 G bill with a star before the serial number 34 of the series 1928 G; 66 of the series 1953; 6 of the series 1953 A; 35 of the series 1976; and 1 series 2003. Any clues? Best way to sell?

1928 g series $2 bill [ 3 Answers ]

how much value is a 1928 g series $2 dollar bill worth? Serial number e29537720a , in fair condition?

View more questions Search