Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    linda2416 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2009, 03:26 AM
    Can my sis in law be committing fraud
    I have a brother who married an illegal and has 2 kids with her o her home but ever since they got married she still goes and spends the weekends at her mom every weekend and some times weeks her mom picks he up and brings her around payda only and takes her back to her home now she is 31 yr old... and this has been 6yrs doing this.. never really stay home with my brotheer.. well my question is can she this be fraud marriage in her part and her mom? What can my brother do he is so sick with this and his inlaws and he wants his baby's please help any info asap thanks
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2009, 03:46 AM

Unless she is here illegally,then from what you have said she is just a user.
    Sad to say there is no law against people doing that.
    I would think twice about reporting her as an illegal as your brother could be implicated as well.
    What about the children?
    The legal person in the family needs to talk to the IS.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Oct 23, 2009, 08:25 PM

They've been married for 6 years, so she must be US citizen by now. This is family matter, and the one who should take action is your brother, NOT YOU. He should discuss his likes and dislikes with his wife and if he's not happy with the result, he should get a good attorney, file divorce, get child custody, etc.

Before thinking of reporting immigration fraud, consider the fact that if this is true, your brother could be charged for conspiracy and immigration fraud as well. The maximum penalty would be 5 years in federal prison plus a quarter million dollars fine.
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Oct 24, 2009, 10:00 AM

6 years marriage, lives with him during the week, has 2 children with him. Sounds like a marriage problem, not immigration.

From immigration perspective, it is a real marriage. Your brother should have gotten her permanent residence and she should have filed for citizenship by now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Insurance Fraud/Advance commission fraud [ 10 Answers ]

I'm sure this post with be confusing to some of you but any advice would be greatly appreciated. I was hired back in October of 2005 as an independent contractor selling life insurance policies. One of my clients that I sold a policy to mentioned that she had a few family members that were...

Marriage Fraud Fraud re:Fam. Code, 2210(d) [ 2 Answers ]

I thought that getting married for the second time would be better than the first marriage... Boy, was I wrong!! Fraud (Fam. Code, § 2210(d)). My second wife and I are currently going through an annulment/divorce. Right after her green card restrictions were lifted, my wife immediately...

Tax fraud [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to find out who claimed my child on the 2008 tax return,without giving any other partys to do so ?

Could it be FRAUD? [ 15 Answers ]

Hello, I recently received instant messages from someone who had an offer. The offer is like this: You get a check about every week or so from somewhere in the U.S. you cash the check at your bank, and then from each check you take a fixed amount of money for yourself, and the rest you send to...

View more questions Search