Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bossy_mama2005 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2009, 06:49 PM
    Still bleeding 4wks after giving birth
    After having my second child my bleeding was normal I guess, it lasted for about 2 n a half weeks. It kind of stopped, then a couple days later it started back really dark. My baby is a month old and I'm still bleeding.what's going on? This didn't happen with my first child... :mad:
    mummyov2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2010, 08:01 AM

Hi I gave birth to my 2nd daughter 14 weeks ago and I'm stillbleedin it's a nitemare and also so worrying I don't no what 2 do I have a appointment 2 c the nurse tomorrow 2 c what she can do
    1flwrgrl Posts: 15, Reputation: 4

Mar 8, 2010, 07:55 PM

4weeks could be just that you have been taking care of everyone else and not yourself. The placental site is a wound with a scab. When you do exerting things, and these could be really simple things---not running a marathon or anything---lol-- that scab opens and bleeding again. Be good to yourself and take a week to mend. If you are bottle feeding, you could get your period again soon.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Mar 9, 2010, 12:29 PM

Even after having a c-section you can bleed for several weeks.

While four weeks can seem long, its still perfectly normal to be bleeding after giving birth. If you're breastfeeding, the uterine contractions will help stop it sooner than if you formula feed.

If you notice any changes, or it goes on for a few more weeks, call your doctor to be sure. Do you have a 6-week follow up exam scheduled?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

6weeks after giving birth and still bleeding. [ 14 Answers ]

I gave birth naturally six weeks ago, and I am still bleeding... 2 days ago I thought I was done since I had pretty much finished the lochia stage, but I woke up to bright red bleeding and small clots. I have no idea what is going on and I can't get to the doctor till Tuesday. I am strictly...

Cat bleeding after giving birth (1 day) [ 4 Answers ]

Yesterday (thanksgiving) my cat gave birth to four kittens, one didn't make it. The mom has been doing great, but is now slightly more aggitated, keeps leaving the 'nest', She always goes back and has been eating well. But she is also bleeding from her vaginal area. I know it is normal to bleed...

Bleeding heavily 10 week after giving birth [ 2 Answers ]

I had my third child 10 weeks ago and bled the normal amount afterwards, my next period was absolutely normal and now I've just got my second one and its extremely heavy to the point of soaking clothes and its bright red I'm not sure what to do about it! :confused:

Cat bleeding days after giving birth [ 2 Answers ]

My Mommy cat is still bleeding from her vaginal area after giving birth to 5 kittens on January 21st... it's not really bad but she leaves droplets of blood on the floor. All her kittens were born butt first (breach) so maybe her skin tore when they were born (I had to help her with getting the...

View more questions Search