Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stacey loves Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2009, 04:49 PM
    Lesbian tendencies
    I am married and have two kids. I have been unhappily married and am attracted to women. What should I do, stay married or divorce and go after my desires.

Stacey
    Ren6 Posts: 539, Reputation: 121

Oct 22, 2009, 05:27 PM
    This thread should perhaps be directed to Adult Sexuality.

You are the only person who can answer this question. I was married when I finally came to the realization that I was a lesbian... however, I had no kids. In my case, I left my husband and came out properly, attended a group, got counseling, etc.

I guess you should ask yourself if you love your husband... are you willing to go to couple's counseling, or is this revelation a deal-breaker for you? Even if this is a deal-breaker, it might be beneficial to attend a couple of counseling sessions with your husband anyway. You'll need time to work out your new relationship with him, visitation, etc. Good luck... I know this isn't easy.
    Sprung09 Posts: 71, Reputation: 4

Oct 22, 2009, 05:55 PM

I think the most important thing you need to take in is what affect this may have on your kids. If you are a true lesbian and know for sure what you want then try to work it out with your husband as peaceful as possible as to not affect your kids more than it already will.

There are tons of same sex couples out there with children, maybe reach out to some of those groups to seek advice and insight.

But it is not worth it to be unhappy for the rest of your life. Just think it through, do your research, take one step at a time and try to go at it with a positive and peaceful outlook on your relationship with your husband and children.

Good luck and I hope happiness finds you where it needs to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I a lesbian? [ 12 Answers ]

I'm a girl. I love my best friend so much. She is a girl too. I can't live without seeing her. But at times I feel the urge to be physically close to her. And undeniable urge to hug. I don't know why I feel that way. It's only to her. Not to any other girls. Am I a lesbian?

Lesbian that can't [ 5 Answers ]

Well I'm 20 years I'm a chick who is going crazy... I love dikes so yeah.. but I been with only three girls no guys... and I never can only twice I have... I don know what I'm doing or if is me so anyway any tips?

I am a lesbian who does not know what to do. [ 4 Answers ]

I was in a rlationship with a woman when I was 17 we were together for 2 years on and off, she was an alchoolic. She cheated on me, she hit me she did so many things she was my first. But I always keept going back with her... until after the year she stopped drinking evertything was perfect we were...

I am fighting these stalker tendencies... [ 13 Answers ]

I’m having a relationship with a woman that I’m madly in love with. But the relationship has reached the “friends with benefits” stage. She maintains that she cannot handle a serious relationship right now and is not dating or having sex with anyone except me on rare occasion (one or twice a...

View more questions Search