Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2009, 12:03 PM
    What kind of trouble could we get in?
    Good day all.

I have been absent for quite some time now and can't even express how much I missed being here. I have a need now for some opinions about a Condo I am considering.

The couple that owns the condo have stated that they are not allowed to Sublet the Condo according to the rules but they can lease to roommates.

Here's the scoop.

He purchased the condo 3 years ago. About a year and a half ago, he got married and has since had a child. They purchased a home, with the intent of selling the condo. We all know what has happened to the market and economy and given that situation, it has been on the market for over 8 months now with no buyers.

He has not lived there for 8 months, but is paying two mortgages and is in dire straights.

I would like to know, what liability I may be subject to if my wife and I lease this condo as
    "roommates" of the owner who does not reside there?

I would like to believe that He and his wife would shoulder all of the liability in this case, after all, I would only be leasing the property from him and have not signed anything that would bind me to or make me responsible for the rules that apply to the actual owner?

Looking for some other opinions please.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 22, 2009, 12:07 PM

This is really up to the HOA. Its up to them to enforce the rule. The only trouble you can get into is being forced to move on short notice. The owner can be fined by the HOA for violating the by-laws.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What kind of bug is this? [ 5 Answers ]

Recently, I have been having these little bugs around my house(southern california), and in particular my room in increasing numbers. They are small, about the size of the head of a pin, and such are extremely hard for me to get a clear picture of with the camera I have available. From what I can...

What kind of pan? [ 6 Answers ]

I'm really keen to make an angel food cake, I have the ingredients, but I'm a bit puzzled about the cake tin/pan. I'm living in Central Europe just now and the cooking utensils available are pretty basic, I just don't have a cake tin that would rest over the neck of a bottle, any suggestions or...

What kind of bug is this? [ 4 Answers ]

I have noticed a very small, tiny bug crawling aroung near and around the bottom of my tub and it appears to be coming from a small crack or opening at the bottom of the tile on the wall. It is shaped like a tadpole, or cone. The head is wide and round and narrows as it goes back toward the tail....

View more questions Search