Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FIREKENFISHMAN Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2009, 05:22 AM
    Does my insurance company have to pay for damages to a car with no insurance
    My daughter was at fault for a car accident, however the other person had no insurance. In the state of Indiana you must have insurance. My question is does my insurance have to pay the other person damages? Also can I report this person to police department for false information on a legal report

Thank you
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2009, 06:19 AM

Was there a Police Report? Did the Police realize the driver is/was uninsured?

What damages to the other driver are you asking about? Property damage? Medical bills? Lost wages?
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2009, 06:32 AM

If you are saying your daughter was at fault for the accident, then yes your insurance has to pay for the other person's damages/injuries. Although against the law, the other driver being uninsured has no bearing over your company paying out for their loss.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is blasting damages covered by insurance company? [ 1 Answers ]

Does home insurance cover damages from blasting in the common area in my backyard? I noticed squeaky noises in different spots in my home which was build in 2000.also there is cracks in the marble fire place and driveway too.I believe that all this damages accrued when the start blasting in my...

Have car insurance / NOT at fault / being personally sued for damages [ 13 Answers ]

I was recently in a car accident. I have full collision and comprehensive coverage through a national car insurance company. My insurance determined I was NOT at fault for the accident. One of the other cars involved in the accident was a rental car. The rental car agency (a local business, not a...

Being suied for damages in automobile accident but I have insurance [ 18 Answers ]

I really need some help. I had a minor accident with a lawyer. My car has a no damage, his had a little. The reasons he is suing me are false and I can prove that some of them are false. My questions are is this legal? I have car insurance, I thought this is why I have car insurance? ...

Insurance for company [ 1 Answers ]

Do I just need liability insurance for my cleaning Service? Is there any other kind of coverage that I would need for my workers?

View more questions Search