Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dinny shinny Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2009, 02:50 AM
    How does the phase angle varies from place to place
    I mean why does the phase angle varies on the transmission line even if we don't tap power in between those points...
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2009, 04:44 AM

The phase angle is generated at the three-phase generator. It is a function of voltage and not current.
    dinny shinny Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2009, 03:44 PM
    When phase angle is a function of a voltage how does it varies on transmission line...
    Y it is not function of curent...
    Newton1Law Posts: 60, Reputation: 5

Nov 4, 2009, 10:20 AM
    Phase angle displacement on a transmission line changes due to two factors. One is the characterisitc of the load supplied by the transmission line. The second is due to the "RLC" characteristics of the line itself which occurs independent of the load placed on the line. Since the line is usually very long the effects of inductance and capacitance causes a phase shift to the energizing currect of the line. Since the line has a capacitance to ground, capacitance line to line along with the inductance of each wire and mutual inductance between conductors, the current will be displaced from zero phase angle to some value dependednt on the line configuration and length.

It is interesting to note that for say a 200 mile long line with no load on it, the line end voltage will be much higher than the voltage on the supply end of the line. This is due to the capacitance and in phase current with the inducatnce I spoke of above is often referred to as the Ferranti Effect

Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rib out of place [ 22 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I went to my doctor on Friday and I have chest pains he told me that I could have a rib out of place.I was wondering if any one has had the same problem and if so what would all the symptoms be for a rib out of place?I would guess that if you take a deep breath that it hurt...

Can I use AC MCB in place of DC? [ 2 Answers ]

Can I use AC MCB in place of DC?

Any place [ 9 Answers ]

Me and my frinds are 18 and we always have problems looking for a place to have some fun, do you know anywhere we can go for free or at a low cost in lowell or bostom or even methuen.

Place value [ 1 Answers ]

Plls help me with these question about the PLACE VALUE.. Give the number whose hundreds place is one-third of the greatest one digit number, the tens place is twice the hundreds place, the ones place is four times the digit in the hundreds place divided by 2, and the three digits in the thousands...

View more questions Search