Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jbyr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2009, 02:26 PM
    Garage door openers not working over 5 ft away?
    Both my garage door openers will not operate the door unless they are right in front of it. New batteries in remote did not help. Anyone know what the problem could be?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2009, 02:34 PM

Have you cleaned the sensors in the door mechanism itself? I learned this the hard, expensive way.

The repairman also had to do something to adjust the way the signal was sent from the main unit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The garage door light sensor not working. [ 3 Answers ]

I have garage door that have sensor, it will authomatic turn off the light from the motor when no activity and when I walk in the path the light will come on but now it not working what wrong? I did look at the sensor, one side have green light the other have orange, it the sensor went bad? I...

Garage Door Opener Quit Working? [ 3 Answers ]

I thought I was old enough to have seen it all, wrong!! The wife and I got home last night, pulled into the driveway, pushed the remote to open the garage door and nothing happened! Multiple attempts continued to fail. I replaced the batteries in the remote, green light lights up with each...

Garage door opener not working correctly [ 9 Answers ]

I have a Sears garage door opener, model 139.53641SRT, several years old. A couple of days ago, it stopped responding to all input - then it started again, and has stopped again. When either the remote switch or the hardwired switch is operated, the receiving relay in the opener can be heard...

Garage door openers conflicts with each other [ 1 Answers ]

I have one Sears garage door opener and one Overhead door opener. The Overhead remote will periodically will open the Sears door. I have reset both openers by pressing and holding the learn button for up to 60 seconds. I have unplugged the Sears, pressed the learn button on the Overheard...

BOTH garage door openers quit working [ 4 Answers ]

The remotes used to work but we've only been renting here 8 weeks. They worked for a couple weeks and then just quit. You can open the door using the button inside the garage but neither of the remotes will open or close the door at all now. We have changed the batteries so that's not the problem. ...

View more questions Search