Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Broke in Texas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2006, 03:06 PM
    Cash Out??
    Can any legal action be taken by a collection agency if the statute of limitation has run out on a debt?

I have several credit cards that I have not paid on in 3 years due to a much reduced income. I'm thinking about cashing out the equity in my house so that I can pay them off, but the statute of limitation in Texas is 4 years, so there is only a year left.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2006, 01:13 PM
    If the SOL is 4 years, then in another year, they cannot sue you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cash Flow [ 1 Answers ]

If a company has negative cash flow, but its balance sheet shows increased cash, what caused this?

Cash inheritance [ 4 Answers ]

My two children inherited $30,000 from my fathers estate. I am wanting to know if it is taxable income since I have called the IRS and tax preparers and gotten confilicting information.:confused:

HELP 401k cash out [ 6 Answers ]

12/5/05 I left my employer and had a small 401k. I requested to cash out as it was small amount. 1/06 checked Manual life and account was still listed as active and open. I called Manul life to discuss closing account. I was told need special paper work from previous employer. So called again and...

Cash vs. Accrual [ 2 Answers ]

Please explain the difference on how revenues are recorded into the books of a cash basis organization and how on an accrual based organization. Please explain the steps you would take to convert a cash-bash organization’s financial statements to accrual basis.

View more questions Search