Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hdmarty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2009, 09:32 AM
    96 Honda Accord-- Ignition switch or other electrical issue?
    I have a 96 Accord that just quit running going down the road. The car restarts every time to 1000 rpm and quits and will restart with NO issue every time. If I hold the ignition on the car will run as long as I hold the ignition on, NOT good on starter I know... But car will run and I can rev engine up as well... as soon as I let off ignition it quits... Hazards, radio and headlighs work fine. The AC, & windshield wipers won't work... Is this FUSE related or ignition related? Tips please...

Please email me at [email protected] so that I can get advice and tips directly to my phone...

Thanks,
    Marty Martin

6785776164 cell #
    Winder Ga.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2009, 09:40 AM

. Check all under dash and under hood fuses with a test light or multimeter:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post252145

. Replace ignition switch, after checking for wear, pitting, or melting:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post224652

Your problem definitely sounds ignition switch-related.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1991 honda accord ignition switch [ 8 Answers ]

My ignition failed to turn anymore which proved to be the key lock going bad tried replacing with a new one from schucks but every time we do as it states you can only turn the key from positions 1-3 and not to the off position to remove the key. According to the instructions you put the lock in...

1993 Honda Accord Lx Ignition [ 1 Answers ]

I just replaced my cylinder key lock set because the key did not go in all the way and it didn't go all the way back to the off position. I replaced it thinking it would fix the problem. We installed it properly and it seemed fine it turned on and looked good but when we tried removing the key...

98 Honda accord electrical issue [ 2 Answers ]

My 1998 honda accord just recently is not starting on the first turn of the key. All lights, displays go on but the engine does not start. I take the key out lock the doors mess around with opening and closing the door, then turn the key again and it starts. I have come to the conclusion it has...

1999 Accord ignition switch replaced still dies [ 2 Answers ]

My 1999 Accord suddenly dies when I'm driving... I just had the ignition switch replaced and it still dies. Any ideas about the problem? And fix?

View more questions Search