Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    youngmunson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2009, 09:31 AM
    Convert drain for single sink to a double sink
    What is the best way to convert my bathroom sink drain to a double sink setup
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 21, 2009, 11:58 AM
    Hello YoungMunson, do this...
    1. Make sure you have enough space to do it. If you have less than 60" that don't do it. The more space you have the better
    2. See if you can utilize existing cabinet. Make sure you have doors, not drawers under where sinks will be located. If not shop for new one ( in many cases, you can purchase a cabinet with stone countertop for two sinks already attached to it. Good place to buy for cheap: Costco )
    3. If necessary, order new cabinet with Door / Drawers / Door configuration
    4. Order new top with two holes for sink ( may come with sinks already attached )
    5. Rework drain so it fits behind the drawers . If you don't plan on having drawers than that doesn't apply
    6. Install double angle stops on both hot and cold water stub outs ( this way you don't have to cut into the wall )
    7. Connect drains and water supply with new sinks.
    8. Caulk between splash and the wall

I am enclosing photo of a typical double sink vanity you can purchase in Costco for under $800.00.
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dual drain sink to a Single Drain Sink [ 4 Answers ]

I am removing my old dual drain kitchen sink and installing a single drain sink. Where the PVC comes out of the wall will be too far left of the drain on the single bowl sink. I was wounding what would be the best configuration. I would prefer not to bring the PVC further to the left inside of the...

How do I go from a double drain sink to a single drain sink? [ 5 Answers ]

I am wanting to change over my sink from a double drain sink to a single drain sink. I have bought the new sink and it has been sitting in my kitchen waiting to be installed my husband has been waiting on friends to help him install it because he is scared about the disposal. Can you please tell me...

Double sink plumbing into a single pipe. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am living in an apartment. I have a double sink that drains into a single pipe fixture. It is cheap PVC piping and my landlord is a deadbeat. Doing dishes is nearly impossible because the drainage is constantly backing up into the sink. Please help me define what I need to alter the...

Am trying to convert my single sink bathroom to a double sink, [ 1 Answers ]

I have a single sink in my bathroom at this point, am trying to put a double sink counter top on it. My question is if I have to put a double drain pipes or if I can put a T on the excisting one, same question for the hot, and cold water. Am just worried about the drain pipe hopefully you guys can...

Replacing bathroom single sink with double [ 2 Answers ]

I am replacing the bathroom vanity from a single sink to a double sink. Problem is that the current drain is in the middle of the vanity and I would like to maximize drawer space here. Can I move the existing trap parallel, against the wall and put a tee connection over this for the double sinks?...

View more questions Search