Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    raxy_77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2009, 05:37 AM
    Unmarried, father of my baby wants his surname for the baby
    Hi, I am residing in the Philippines. I am presently one month pregnant. The father of my baby wants his surname for the baby but the problem is we are unmarried. And he will be leaving the country in few days from now. I certainly know that he will not be here in the Philippines when I deliver my baby. Will it be possible for my baby to carry the surname of his father even if we are not married yet? If yes, how?
    superk Posts: 207, Reputation: 12

Oct 21, 2009, 08:46 AM

" llegitimate children may use the surname of their father if their filiation has been expressly recognized by the father through the record of birth appearing in the civil register, or when an admission in a public document or private handwritten instrument is made by the father. Provided, the father has the right to institute an action before the regular courts to prove non-filiation during his lifetime."

Legal Updates and free legal information Family Code Philippines: Family Code of the Philippines: Primer on the family and family home

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does My baby Father Have these Rights? [ 16 Answers ]

I am new to this site. I joined because I found many of the Q&A's helpful to me. Although I still have some concerns about my daughters father. Me and my 3 y.o. daughter live with my mom. I just recently put him on child support because he was not helping at all. Even though he has still yet to pay...

Unmarried woman having married mans baby [ 3 Answers ]

Okay so my roommate is currently figting with her husband (they are seperated) well now he's fighting for a divorce because his girl friend is having her baby and he says that unless he's divorced he can't sign the baby birth certificate now I can't find anything in Texas law and is that possible...

Who father my baby [ 6 Answers ]

I was told by my doc that I was concevied on the 20 I made a mistake I had intercourse wit 2 people well me and my ex had intercourse 12-16 I had intercourse wit the other person 18 and around the 23 who was most likey to get me pregnant

How can the father on my baby see him if my mom won't let him [ 7 Answers ]

My mom dose not like my boyfriend and I'm having a kid with him can she keep him fron seeing me and our baby? :( :( :(

View more questions Search