Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smithlock Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2009, 04:17 AM
    Security systems and alarms
    How much would it cost to have security systems and alarms put in your home?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 21, 2009, 04:32 AM

Kind of hard to give you a qualified answer, not knowing how many window and doors, etc. you have. I would suggest you call two or three and get quotes.

Tick
    locksmithbronx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2009, 04:36 AM

Probably a few k if it's a gooden. Also depends how big your house is and how complex the system is.
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2009, 05:03 AM

It can vary greatly. You will have to call one and get a quote. There are basic ones that just include alarms on the door and then some with alarms on the door and the windows. You can even get motion sensors set up in whatever room you would like it to be in. Then you may pay a instalation fee that may cost you a lot or very little. Then you will probably pay a monthly payment for the service.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2009, 06:20 AM

The Big Companies will install a System for Free or $99 with a signed Monitoring Contract.
    Many of their's have Control Panel, Comunicator and Keypad all in. 1 Smash with a hammer will disable it, rendering it useless.
    Be sure Control Panel/Communicator is in a separate location. I like Hard wired best, Wireless lets you protect windows, doors where it is not possible/easy to get too.
    I add a dialer some Systems I install, will call you and seven others if needed, and alows YOU to listen in, not someone else.
    You can also protect pretty inexpensively by using only a couple of motions and a dialer, but won't help when in the house.
    With doors and windows protected, you will know if your Kids window is opened.
    Can you describe your house?(On stilts, Concrete, Many windows, etc)
    How much do you want/have to spend?
    Can design by money available.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smoke alarms [ 6 Answers ]

I am a licensed electrician and I installed a 5000watt Reliance generator transfer switch for a friend, I put the master bedroom , fridge,well pump,furnace,and family room on the gentran switch,powered it with a Generac 5500watt generator, everything seems to be fine,except that when I power up...

Security systems [ 1 Answers ]

Can C be used for programming security systems

Security systems [ 1 Answers ]

How to use JAVA for programming security systems

Smoke Alarms [ 1 Answers ]

Why are my smoke alarms randomly going off?

Smoke Alarms [ 2 Answers ]

What would cause all of your smoke alarms to go off at the same time if there is clearly smoke to be detected? They all shut off after approximately 10 minutes.:confused:

View more questions Search