Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    freshman09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2009, 01:15 AM
    I'm 17 and extremely overweight what do I do?
    I'm 17 and I am 5' 9'' and I weigh 289lbs. I have hypothyroidism, high blood pressure and asthma. I exercise occasionally and I eat prob 1 a day real good. And snack the rest of the day. I am in college so I don't have time to do much exercising like I said occasionally. But I need to know what to do? How to lose a lot of weight?
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2009, 01:24 AM

Have you spoken to your doctor or dietition?

Once you get the OK from them you could start a plan of healthy eating and exercise.

Swimming is an excellent way to start losing weight,and the water will take the pressure off your joints.

But it takes perserverence,and time.
    Army_Wife_91509 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Oct 21, 2009, 01:25 AM
    Hey I used to be extremely over weight I lost 122 pounds in 5 months you should go to a dietician let them evaluate you. My sister eats 5 meals a day but they are small portioned she has lost 20 pounds in a short period also get a gym membership and stick to it also when working out to help pass the time and make working out fun be sure to take an I pod or mp3 player hope this helps
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2009, 01:53 AM

My son just started the South beach diet and he dropped 10 lbs.in nine days,without much sacrifice.
    I have heard nothing but positive results from this diet.
    You really need to exercise,even brisk walking ,it will help your blood pressure and give you energy.
    South Beach Diet for Beginner
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2009, 01:51 PM

Pardon my rant for a moment... but you don't have time to exercise? Do you have time to die in your 30s? No? Find time to exercise.

Study while riding a stationary bike. Listen to lectures on your iPod while you run.

"I dont have time" is the most common excuse made... right before "oh god... is this what a heart attack feels like?"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm 17 and overweight. [ 8 Answers ]

So I am 17, I am 5'5" and I weigh 200 pounds. My mom is a doctor and I have talked to her and some of her colleagues and they don't think it is a thyroid problem or anything like that. Although at one point mom tested me to make sure because I had similar symptoms but everything came back fine. ...

About to adopt extremely Overweight dog. [ 5 Answers ]

Hi there, I am on the fence about adopting a three year old Maltese that is severely overweight. He is about 13 pounds when an average Maltese should be around 8 pounds. The background information about this dog is that the former owner was poor and fed the dog people food such as pizza and...

Really overweight [ 2 Answers ]

If you are a woman is really overweight and has facial hair growing and she loses the weight will the facial hair go?

Dog is overweight [ 7 Answers ]

What is the best dog food for my very overweight golden lab/retriever mix?

Am I overweight [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 14 and I'm 10 stone 3 pounds. I have a lot of visible fat and everyone at school keeps calling me fat. On top of that I'm trying to ask this girl out at school but I think that she will prefer a healthier me. But I have asthma and whenever I work out I nearly kill myself. Does anyone have any...

View more questions Search