Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    merissam Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Oct 20, 2009, 04:22 PM
    Mom doesn't aprove?
    Okay,so I have been going out with a guy.Hes african american.So I told my mom.and she said that white boys won't want to go out with me and that my friends parent won't want them to hangout with me.People are saying I shouldn't have went out with him,but I like him a lot.Isnt that all that counts?I don't know please help me.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2009, 04:25 PM

You parent won't want you to date him there fore they are stating no one else would want you, both boys and friends. Not so. But this is your decision you must make and you have to live with them.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2009, 10:17 AM

At 12 years old, you shouldn't be dating anyone. You have six more years in your parent's house, when you move out then you can date whomever you would like.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2009, 10:42 AM

If you were older, I would say that you should date whoever you want. But as long as you live under your parent's roof, you live under their rules. If they say no, the answer is no.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2009, 11:33 AM
    Why does your mom not approve? Is it just because of race? Or are there other issues involved? Also you should ask yourself, is the reason you like him because he's African American? I'm not saying that it is but you need to examine your own motives as well.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Oct 23, 2009, 11:59 AM

I agree that you shouldn't be dating anyone at 12 years old. You're parents have every right to choose who you can and cannot see. However, I don't think its right that she's singling him out because of his race.

You need to spend more time getting to know yourself before you are old enough and mature enough to enter into a romantic relationship.
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2009, 03:16 PM

Wow. 12 years old. You shouldn't be giving relationships any thought. Let me say that again: YOU SHOULD'NT EVEN BE THINKING ABOUT DATING!! 'liking' a guy is not all that counts- what counts in a relationship is love, and love is commitment. So unless you or him are in it for life, like, MARRIAGE, don't even bother or you will end up heartbroken.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2009, 03:43 PM
    Enjoy your childhood.

I'll not give "dating" advice to a 12 year old. However, when you do start dating, as long as the guy treats you well, it doesn't matter if he's green or purple.

But right now, you are simply too young to worry about dating.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2009, 03:50 PM

You are much to young to date.
    In the future ,the way it goes is like this.
    Your Moms house,her rules.
    When you are of legal age to leave home,you need not abide by anyone else's bigotry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Friend wanting to get married.children don't aprove [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, kids are 14, 17 and 23... Mom's been divorced over a year. Found a man that loves her dearly, just made mom aware that kid's were demanding too much. They don't want her to date or marry until they are all grown?? What should she do? Delay her life? Or marry the man she loves and hope the...

Doesn't find me attractive, doesn't want sex with me, isn't sure he wants a relationship [ 14 Answers ]

Please read this, I need your help I'm 18 and so is my boyfriend I've been with him for 10 months and for about 5 months he's telling me he's not ready to commit and isn't sure he wants a relationship.and at points he's said he wants to feel he can do stuff with other women should the situation...

My boyfriend doesn't want to have sex with me... [ 21 Answers ]

So here is the deal... I'm 24 years old... my boyfriend and I have been together for almost 2 years... he is my first real boyfriend and he was also the first person I ever had sex with... it used to be great, really amazing but for a couple of months now we have been barely having sex at all......

Does he or doesn't he [ 5 Answers ]

I met this guy quite awhile ago and we have been dating. He says he wants us to be just friends, but he calls me on the phone and e-mails me to ask me out on dates. I see him at least 2 to 3 times a week. He even comes to my work to see me. When we are done with our dates he hugs and kisses me...

Does he or doesn't he? [ 66 Answers ]

About 6 months ago my fiancée, told me he fancied a friend of ours - I took it very much to heart, he promised nothing nothing every happened he said he told me because he wanted to be totally honest with me. So I've accepted that and moved on and I also learnt to respect his honesty. Anyway.. 2...

View more questions Search