Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2009, 03:01 PM
    Office XP and Windows 7?
    Maybe this is stupid and I'm almost 100% sure the answer is yes but does anyone know if you can run Office XP on Windows 7? I've had Windows 7 installed for 2 weeks and really don't want to mess it up by installing an incompatible program.

Thanks for advising,
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 20, 2009, 03:03 PM
    You're right silly question, YES!!

Why muck about with Office XP as Office 2007 works like a dream ;)
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2009, 03:04 PM

Yes... I suppose I could get it but I have a legal version of Office XP and have not paid (or had it come with a new PC) for any newer versions
    BossMan

Oct 20, 2009, 03:07 PM
    Fair comment there.
    Which version of 7 are you running ?
    I've had Enterprise loaded since it was available to SA customers and I must admit I really like it. I was the third person to install it GLOBALLY ;)
    I tried Vista for ONE day before it terminal blue screened me and haven't gone back since.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 20, 2009, 03:09 PM

I've run Office XP under win 7, no problems. Was at a launch event earlier today and anything that will run under Vista (and office XP did) will run under Win 7.
    BossMan

Oct 20, 2009, 03:10 PM
    Least 7 has a decent sized compatibility list unlike the rather pathetic offerings for Vista..
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2009, 03:11 PM

Excellent! I am running Windows 7 Ultimate Signature Edition, I was one of however many people that were randomly drawn and given the 32 and 64 bit versions along with a bunch of crap and I'm supposed to have a "windows 7 launch party" on launch day.

Oct 20, 2009, 03:13 PM

Low, you hosting a "House Party"?
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2009, 03:15 PM

Yup, I have a bunch of tote bags, posters and other decorations and invited some friends. I found out someone else I know is also hosting a party on the same day so we'll combine them.

p.s. I actually found Office 2007 Basic came with my Dell and I never put it on, so even better!

Oct 20, 2009, 03:19 PM

I debated doing a House Party (I would have been accepted if I had wanted to). But I didn't want to pay out for food and stuff. Besides, my house is a mess ;)
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2009, 03:21 PM

Yeah, well we invite friends over quite often so just decided we didn't mind doing a themed party and showing off the new OS to anyone that was interested.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unattended installation of MS-Office 2003 and windows XP [ 1 Answers ]

I want to do unattended installation of MS-Office 2003. I want to tell the setup in the beginning about the key, components (word, excel, PowerPoint and access) to install and delete the file (of more than 30MB) it creates at the end. I searched internet but couldn't find any appropriate solution...

Office 97 does not do what it is supposed to do on Windows XP [ 1 Answers ]

I have installed Access 97 on a Windows XP Home Addition eMahine and there is a problem now. A certain feature on a Access 97 Application will not work now. I have ran it in all modes of compatibility modes and nothing. When I try to export a report to file, the only file type I get as a choice is...

Using Office 97 with windows xp [ 3 Answers ]

As I now have windows xp as my operating system can I use Microsoft office professional 97 either with xp or can I download an upgrade for MS office professional 97 so that it will operate with Windows xp

Import email from Office Outlook 203 to Windows Visa [ 1 Answers ]

How do you import email and contacts from Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 into Vista Windows mail?

Help! With windows office! [ 5 Answers ]

OK so I have windows 2003on my brand new laptop (haha) and so the laptop comes with the 30 day trial for windows 2006 but I don't want that. Every time I open like word it pops up then it says=installing windows 2006 trial. And I can't open my projects I've done cause when I close the installation...

View more questions Search