Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2009, 01:28 PM
    How's 'Hope and Change' making itself known?
    "The White House trying to dictate who's a news organization. Democrats out to gut a business group. Obama media allies damning Americans as racist, unpatriotic and treasonous. Is this the America Obama promised when he campaigned to end the cynical and divisive politics of the past?" see "Excuses wearing thin for Obama, media pals".
    Excuses wearing thin for Obama, media pals :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Steve Huntley
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2009, 01:55 PM

Yes, this is the America of hopenchange... divide and conquer. This is the post-racial America where DOJ drops charges against blacks intimidating voters when the case is already won while stacking the deck for blacks and Democrats - apparently this administration thinks blacks must be too stupid to know who to vote for.

At least he still has his Nobel.

It's also the America where the House Majority leader thinks Americans are Nazis and racists and the Senate Majority Leader plans to "vaporize" his opponent in the next election.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2009, 04:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by George_1950 View Post
    "The White House trying to dictate who's a news organization. Democrats out to gut a business group. Obama media allies damning Americans as racist, unpatriotic and treasonous.
    Hello George:

So, you don't remember the right wing calling anybody who didn't support the Patriot Act, unpatriotic and treasonous?? Really??

Dude! You suffer from right wing short term memory loss. How did that happen?

excon
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2009, 08:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello George:

So, you don't remember the right wing calling anybody who didn't support the Patriot Act, unpatriotic and treasonous??? Really???

excon
    My friend, we are talking about The White House and its enemies list.
    zippit Posts: 693, Reputation: 117
    -

Oct 20, 2009, 08:59 PM

I wouldn't compare and over-all non patriotic opinion being referred to a GROUP of citizens as being the same as individully picking people to be
    Fired from their jobs or replaced
    Censored
    Etc
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2009, 10:16 PM

Those sided with the Left might do well to learn the words to the song instead of singing them wrong, repeatedly, believing, in their loudness, that they are singing correctly.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2009, 07:43 AM

Simoneaugie... love the Jefferson signature quote!

The White House trying to dictate who's a news organization.
    Their attacks on FOX appear petty and self defeating . Like Rush ;the more they attack them the greater their influence.

Will the administration play the regulatory card despite the 1st Amendment protections ? Good question .
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2009, 11:11 AM
    While the White House is busy telling everyone that Fox News isn't a real news organization they're busy engaging in propaganda for Obamacare on official government websites.

You too can go to the HHS website and click on a link that takes you to what amounts to a campaign website where you can express support for Dear Leader's health care plan.

The HHS website has this beauty:

Many Americans are struggling to make ends meet as the cost of care goes up while others face losing insurance as businesses struggle to cover employees. Visit Health Reform
    The link takes to his Healthreform.gov campaign/propaganda site where you can cheer on Obama and his plans:

Dear Mr. President,

We strongly support your commitment to comprehensive health reform.

This is not a luxury. The continuing, sharp escalation of health care costs for families, businesses, and government is unsustainable. Reform is imperative.

We believe that health reform must be enacted this year.

Reform is needed to help America’s families struggling with rising costs and those who are losing their insurance. At the same time, real health reform is crucial to keeping American businesses competitive in the world economy and for the country’s long-term economic viability. As our country faces economic challenges, the time for reform is now.

We support health reform that follows these principles:

* Protect families’ financial health
    * Assure affordable, quality health coverage for all Americans
    * Provide portability of coverage
    * Guarantee choice of doctors
    * Invest in prevention and wellness
    * Improve patient safety and quality of care
    * End barriers to coverage for people with pre-existing medical conditions
    * Reduce long-term growth of health costs for businesses and government

During these extraordinarily challenging times, we need to put aside past differences and address the health and economic crisis. Our shared interest must come before narrow interests so we can achieve a health system that is affordable and provides high quality for all Americans. We will support your budget with its reserve fund dedicated to achieving health care reform in a fiscally responsible manner. Each of us must be prepared to contribute to achieving this fundamental goal.

By signing this statement we affirm our commitment to work with you and our Congressional leaders to enact legislation this year which provides affordable, high quality coverage for all Americans.
    Sen. Grassley is rightfully taking him to task for this. Instead of worrying about whether Fox News is a real news organization you should be concerned about 'official' government propaganda and message control. That's some of that Hopenchange we were looking for ain't it? How long do you think Bush would have gotten away with any of this nonsense?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2009, 06:53 PM

You know, it's downright amazing that for a man who's only held that office for less than a year he has a dandy enemies list already. Can hardly wait for next year's additions to this hateful list of his. And what does he plan on doing with the names and peoples on this list anyway I wonder? Have them thrown into the gulags to be forgotten for years and years like Stalin did? Probably if he had his way I'm sure he happily would do this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Yo how's my rap [ 5 Answers ]

Choras: You can't control the rap, The rap is the beat, Don't you see, I don't control the rap, The rap controls me, You can't control the rap, Its just to cool, Anyone who thinks there cooler, Is just a flipping fool,

Making adjusting entries for a change in interest rates [ 1 Answers ]

Hello: I am trying to determine the correct adjusting entries to be made when interest rates change. Thank you, Julie

We have the chemistry.he doesn't want relationship.is there any hope that'll change [ 26 Answers ]

So I was in a serious relationship that ended six months ago... since it ended, I've taken the opportunity to date... A LOT. I've met a lot of interesting guys, some weird, some seemingly normal but no chemistry etc. I met this guy about a month ago... we talked quite a bit before we actually...

How's your pet dog? [ 6 Answers ]

Tell me about your pet dog(s) tell me some stories or send some pictures!:)

Wishing to Change Decision Making Power in Joint Custody Agreement. [ 1 Answers ]

My ex-husband and I have a joint custody agreement (60:40, me:him) that includes 50/50 decision making power in regard to medical care, education, and religion. When we were married we usually agreed about everything related to parenting and care for the kids. My ex-husband has remarried and now...

View more questions Search