Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Metalhead11592 Posts: 157, Reputation: 11

Oct 20, 2009, 01:28 PM
    My own stitches
    Yesterday I had cut myself so deep I nearly passed out from blood loss. I ended up passing out and when I woke up it was ozzing some clean fluid so started doing my own stitches to see if that would help. I'm a bit worried that its going to get infected :(
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2009, 01:40 PM

Did you properly clean out the wound prior to stitching it up? What did you use for stitching material?

Oct 20, 2009, 03:04 PM

I used rubbing alcohol and I used fishing line and an old needle I found in my mom sewing kit
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2009, 04:16 PM

You are going to get infected. Go to the ER now and they will remove your handy work and clean the wound (never use alcohol (sp?) as it will distroy tissue. And replace the stiches if necessary.

Pray you don't lose your limb due to your complete stupidity.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 20, 2009, 04:19 PM

Metalhead, this was exactly the wrong thing to do.

The wound has to be sterile, the needle has to be sterile and so does the thread. There's no way that it was sterile enough.

You need to go to the hospital right now and get this taken care of.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2009, 04:34 PM
    What did you do watch "Rambo", and say " I can do THAT..." ?

Go get that patch job taken out, and put back right, then get some medicine in you before you die.

I would like to know how you got cut. Are you scared you might get in trouble if you go to the doctor? Were you cut by someone else?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 20, 2009, 04:37 PM

This should clear things up;

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/mental...on-407750.html

Oct 20, 2009, 04:37 PM

The cuts my own handy work and so were the stitches were too. I really hate hospitals with a burning passion I can't stand being there I get queezy and afraid and I get clammy and shaky. I want to avoid it at all costs! :(
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2009, 04:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    I didn't remember the name. Dude, please tell me you didn't cut yourself on purpose. Please go get help, for the cut and for your depression.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wisdom teeth stitches. [ 9 Answers ]

I just had my two bottom wisdom teeth removed on Thursday. Yesterday I noticed a white patch on top of the gum and stitches on the left side. The stitches are on top of my gums and then go up my cheek a little. Just a few minutes ago I ate and then went to rinse my mouth out with warm saltwater and...

Running with stitches [ 4 Answers ]

When I start jogging on the treadmill I immediately start getting a stitch and I can't work it out. I've tried the "changing of the breathing pattern for the other foot" but it doesn't seem to work. Could somehting be causing it such as not breathing properly to begin with, not enough air? Stress?

Stitches won't stay tight [ 5 Answers ]

Hey I have a Euro Pro X Model # 9120 sewing machine, the stitches won't stay tight even after turning the tensioner knob on top. We also sent it out for repair and maintenance,after a few dresses the problem appeared again. Any Advice?PS the machine is only about two years old!

Wisdom teeth stitches [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I just got my wisdom teeth out two days ago and I feel a little flap above the extraction site. It doesn't hurt or anything I just have no idea what it is. I have a feeling it is my stitches but how exactly do you know that? What does the stitches feel like when it is time for it to disappear?

Cut palm of hand 12 stitches [ 4 Answers ]

About a week ago I cut the palm of hand on glass one cut in cress above thumb second on left side of palm I have 6 stitches in each but the tips of my fingers are purple and numb also my intire thumb is purple and its not bruising hand very swollen from knucks to wrist stitches come out tomorrow...

View more questions Search