Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Peace1234 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2009, 09:52 AM
    Girlfriend 2.5 years College breakup
    I went through the first month of college, not really paying much attention to home, and the people I associate with home. But then I went home for fall recess, and saw my ex-girlfriend, and she had a shield up; she goes to the school in the city, and I am afraid she will get this kind of "busy no time for you" attitude.

Over Fall Break we got to business and it killed me to see it wasn't the same. It won't be lke it was over the summer, and it kills me to think that she may never or never want to have any emotional connection with me in general (not just sex)

Now I know she may have gone through this already, or maybe she is postponing it, but I miss here terribly right now. I was smoking constantly until Sunday (for about a week) and then it hit me when I was sober that I really do miss her, and she was my first love so to speak. I couldn't go to sleep the other night and called her, it was almost one, but I knew even if iI left a message I needed to talk to her. She said she didn't have the time (duh), and it broke my heart... she just never has the time She let me spill out a little bit, but her response was the same, Blake no time, no time... "
    I'm certain I should grow up, but it hurts to see someone I used to share happiness, share it with so many others. It hurts to see the one I still love having a blast, these long term relationships are hard, but I find ironically now it seems harder not to be, at least if we were together it wouldn't hurt... but I know even this would pain me more in the long run. How quickly I feel I can be snagged up by her.

My brother and mother said it was a mature decision to mutually breakup, and I guess this pain is natural, but I feel like I'll be losing much more than just a relationship... I'll be losing my best friend, or at least who used to be.

I've been depressed now for three days. I don't think I can be happy until I talk to her, and see what's on her mind.

Let me know what you think
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2009, 01:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Peace1234 View Post
    My brother and mother said it was a mature decision to mutually breakup, and I guess this pain is natural, but I feel like I'll be losing much more than just a relationship...I'll be losing my best friend, or at least who used to be.
    Ya, it really was. I wish I could learn as quick as you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend wants to breakup after 5 years [ 580 Answers ]

I need some clarity & advise, please. Ive been in a long distance relationship for 5 years. Never experienced that before. We are both successful artists, I am 10 years older. We spend most of the time together, but sometimes apart for weeks at a time. The distance has been trying, but we...

Does my girlfriend want to breakup [ 6 Answers ]

I've been with my girlfriend for a little over a year and a half, and we wanted to move in with each other at school. She then changed her mind because she said that she wouldn't make any friends living with me off campus. Between now and sept. she has changed her mind about 4 times because she...

4 years and a breakup [ 38 Answers ]

Me and my X met at our first jobs when I was 24 and she was 22. She began chasing me at work and having her friends come to my desk to ask if I was interested in her. I always said no and I wasn’t looking to get into a relationship. After about a month of this nonstop badgering of me, I gave in and...

Songs about a college breakup [ 2 Answers ]

Hi.. I just went away to a 4 year top university about two hours away from my home. I was dating a girl that I was in love with we both felt the same. We broke up because the distance was just too much and long distance relationships never work out because people get tired of the other. We decided...

View more questions Search