Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coxy1965 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2006, 10:50 AM
    Can u reopen a Workers Comp Case?
    I was hurt at work over 2 yrs ago and went to court 2 yrs later. My lawyer didn't supena any of the witnesses I gave him. The other parties that were for the other side lied. Needless to say the judge denied my claim. My lawyer told me that to appeal the case I would never win, so I tried doing it myself. I didn't get the transcript in on time and the case was denied. My question is Can I reopen my claim with a new lawyer? I have over $20.000 in medical bills outstanding plus new ones coming in every month. I had to file Bk just to keep my house. I went 2 yrs with NO income. I still am in pain everyday. I meet with a surgeon next month to discuss what we should do next. If anyone has any input on this, PLEASE write back. I did go back to work elsewhere, but have had lots of time off due to the injury I sustained.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2006, 10:58 AM
    Hello coxy:

I would say no. But, it doesn't cost you anything to shop around for a new lawyer. They'll tell you.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 4, 2006, 11:34 AM
    You need to hire a new attorney and let them review all the transcipts from the case and the appeal, And also review all of the case itself.

I am not sure of a way but it is worth a try
    go-ask-mom Posts: 115, Reputation: 18

Mar 16, 2007, 12:40 AM
    Normally you have 2 years from the date of last payment made on behalf of the injury.
    Meaning any of your TTD, TPD, PPD, PTD payments made to you, then 2 years from the date of those checks... or ANY medical bills, prescriptions, etc... Whenever the last payment was, you would have 2 years from that date. Every state is different and I would seek consultation quickly!

Most Work Comp attornies offer a FREE first time initial consultation... so get one scheduled quickly! If you don't like what they have to say, then shop around for 2nd and 3rd opinions... If they all say the same, then you can decide form there on who/where to go with this. I would act quickly though! Good luck! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A lien on a workers comp case... [ 4 Answers ]

If the father of a 13 year old boy receives workers comp and doesn't pay Child Support, there is a lien against his case but how long until I receive any asst from him?

Co-Workers? [ 16 Answers ]

All right easy question... Asking out people you work with, rules, thoughts? I go to different locals all the time as a Tech, but I have a few select girls I'd like to ask out, but what are the rules? How forward should one be about it? In a less formal situation I got it down but when...

Who is right? My accountant or my co-workers? [ 3 Answers ]

I presently live in a tax free state (NH). My primary office is in MA (has state taxes). My position requires that sometimes I must travel out of MA for 1 to several days during any calendar year. I also have been very recently approved to work from home (NH) 3 days each week. When filing my...

CD-R I can't reopen any files saved on it. [ 3 Answers ]

I saved a ton of jpegs on a CD-R and I'm unable to access any of the files on the disc. I've been able to get to the files in the past, but some reason, now I can't. I've tried 3 different computers, even a Mac. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

View more questions Search