Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jsample517 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2006, 10:44 AM
    Smelly bathroom
    Our downstairs bathroom has a awful smell coming from it. The smell doesn't exist in any of the upstair bathrooms. Our house is under 2 years old. The wax seal been replaced under the toilet and yet the smell still exists. Any other ideas what may be causing this odor?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 4, 2006, 03:30 PM
    Before we can help you eliminate the odor we first have to know where it originates. Sniff the drains, smell around the base of the toilet and get back to us with more information. Good luck, Tom
    jsample517 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2006, 07:18 PM
    There is only a sink and a toilet in the bathroom, I sniffed the sink drain and overflow and did not notice any smell. I noticed a faint smell from the base of the toilet and like I mentioned before the wax seal was replaced.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smelly drains [ 2 Answers ]

I have smelly drains! It is only in the cooler weather do they smell. It comes up from the shower drain, toilet, and the kitchen drain. It smells like strong gases coming from all the drain openings. What could be the cause and why is it only smelly in the cooler weather? I hate to have...

Smelly drains [ 3 Answers ]

Does the stack pipe need to go straight up? Mine (pvc) has a curve in it, a 90 degree pipe that takes the stack approx. 1 ft over and up (just below the roof) to avoid a beam. The ceiling height in this utility room is about 8 ft. I have a very small 1 floor house and all my plumbing action is...

Smelly house [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a house about a year ago that other than a strong smell seemed perfect. I asked the person selling the house what the odor was and they assured me that it was only from a mixture of chemicals used to paint, clean, and strip. This seemed reasonable because the floors, carpets, and...

Smelly bathroom [ 2 Answers ]

I keep my bathroom extremely clean. It's a full bath, regular size with bathtub. I clean everyday and I am the only user. However, about a month ago until now, I smell urine from the toilet area, every time I enter the bathroom. Each time I use, I clean with Clorox again, and the next time I enter...

Smelly sink [ 1 Answers ]

My basement sink and dishwasher suddenly are smelling horrible. I've used clog removers, baking soda, and anything else you could think of, but it still stinks, I took out the trap to see if there was any crap in stuck in it, but it was clean. Can anyone suggest something?

View more questions Search