Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xxWFDxx18 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2009, 07:13 PM
    17.5 ohv Briggs and Stratton wiring ( need diagram )
    I have a 17.5 ohv briggs and stratton that I am putting on a racer and need a wiring diagram so I can make it work from the factorty switch. I want to by pass all the safety wiring if possible. I just need to find a wiring diagram so I can get it wired up. I need to know if someone can help me or tell me where to get a diagram.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Oct 20, 2009, 09:10 AM

Hi,
    The wiring is a product of the frame manufacturer, not the engine. Some wire colors are fairly standard and others are proprietary.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring Connection on a Briggs and Stratton [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to connect the wires on a ridding mower. The engine is from the 80's and the mower is from the year 2000. The problem is the mower frame has 1 wire going to the alternator and one to the armature. The engine I am trying to connect has a two wire harness from the alternator and one...

Briggs and stratton wiring diagram [ 6 Answers ]

I have an 11 hp briggs and stratton motor, model# 252707 type# 0622-02 code# 87121911 that I am having to rewire completely. I have everything figured out except the lights and the charging system. I have 2 black wires coming out of the alternator one has more volts than the other but both are...

Selinoid wiring for 14.5 briggs & stratton [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I need the wiring diagram for the solenoid on a briggs 14.5 murry mower can anyone help thanks Bruce

Briggs and Stratton Solenoid Wiring 14.5 HP Single Wire [ 1 Answers ]

Would like some help in securing the correct connection of the red solenoid wire (single) to the proper wire on harness from chassis. It is a 14.5 HP BS being wired to a Sears Chassis. Thanks in advance.

Wiring in 5 hp briggs and stratton [ 1 Answers ]

My problem is the wiring. When I took the ON and OFF switch wire off the magneto I would get a spark. When it was on I wouldn't. So what can I do to fix that. Is it just replacing the wires or what. Thanks.

View more questions Search