Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trish26 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2009, 03:51 PM
    How can I get my 3 year old to start listening to me?
    Hi, my names trish. My daughter is 3 years old,she doesn't talk that well still. She doesn't listen when I tell her to stay out of stuff she throws a fit and bites anything she can when she's mad. Every time I take her anywhere in public she takes off and has the worst additude. Any advice anyone might have would be great. :eek:
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2009, 03:55 PM
    I bought a book by recommendation from a child psycologist. It is called "Have A New Kid by Friday" by Dr.Kevin Leman.

Buy it, this guy is amazing.

It will handle all of your issues.
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2009, 04:04 PM

My daughter is only 15 months old but I do know a thing or two about child psychology due to my background in elementary education. The key to good behavior is positive reinforcement. Praise all good behavior and ignore the bad. Consistency is also very important; you can't expect a child to have good behavior if you are not consistent with your rules and boundaries. It's also very important to not let your child see you get worked up... stay neutral and calm. On another note, reading is one of the most effective ways to enhance your child's verbal skills. Read to your toddler EVERY night, at least. Talking to your child as much as possible will also help. Hope this helps a bit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salaries Payable at end of year and start of new year [ 3 Answers ]

A company has 20 employees who each earn $500 per week for a 5-day week that begins on Monday. December 31 of 2007 is a Monday, and all 20 employees worked that day. a) Prepare the required adjusting journal entry to record accrued salaries on December 31, 2007 . b) Prepare the journal entry to...

Listening to Barack [ 14 Answers ]

From Charleston, SC: Barack paying homage to John Kerry for being a near traitor. And then the best description of "change" is take Washington back from the lobbyists and having students sell their freedom for a $4,000 tuition tax credit? What the hell is that? This guy is an empty suit selling...

Who is listening to your calls? [ 3 Answers ]

I had someone tell me they could listen to anyone's cell phone call by using a scanner, is this true and if so does a cell phone use the same frequency every time a call is made?

View more questions Search