Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jamresu Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2009, 12:10 PM
    Hampton bay ceiling fan remote control.
    Hi,

My son recently burned remote control of my bedroom fan, so I called the Hampton bay company and they mailed me identical remote control as original I had, anyway, I put new battery but it does not respond at all, did the codes got reset? How do I know? The remote works when battery put in, the light comes on when pressed the buttons, but no response from fan? HELP?? HIGHLY APPRECIATED...

Thanks in advance!
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2009, 01:31 PM

Did you check to make sure the dip switches in the remote match those in the fan?

It could be the receiver that fried, not the remote.

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More
    jamresu Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2009, 03:29 PM

My son burned the remote control by putting in the microwave, I assume that receiver is not damaged, I checked dip switches too, everything is same, not sure what happened?. thanks!
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2009, 10:47 PM

Ok, so just replace the remote.
    jbajoie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2011, 07:40 PM
    Since the remotes are new, make sure that you are not looking at the dip switches up side down in the remote control. Look for the word "on" in the remote and recheck you dip settings.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Remote Control [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan with remote. Model UC7030T. I am having trouble with the remote control and I would like to replace it. I understand that Hampton Bay is a Home Depot product. Can I get a replacement remote at Home Depot or is there a universal remote that I can replace it with? ...

Hampton Bay ceiling fan remote control [ 2 Answers ]

Can you tell me where I can purchase a ceiling fan remote control for a Hampton Bay ceiling fan?

Hampton Bay ceiling fan remote control [ 1 Answers ]

We recently purchased a Hampton Bay ceiling fan from Home Depot model number 52-amd We wish to change the direction of the turn of the fan , and so far the remote for that command is not reacting. What is the oproblem and is there a customer service to Hampton Bay. They do not have one...

Hampton Bay ceiling fan with remote control [ 3 Answers ]

I need the instructions of the Hampton Bay ceiling fan with remote control so that I can replace the electric light bulb and replace the blades Thank you Antonia

Hampton bay ceiling fan remote control [ 2 Answers ]

I installed a ceiling fan 3 years back. Wiring would have been difficult as it is located in a cathedral ceiling and walls didn't have any existing electrical wires. I used a remote control for the light and fan. Recently, it stopped working. I changed the battery and the remote control shows...

View more questions Search