Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mmaryph Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2009, 11:37 AM
    Replacing water softener resin
    Do you have to us grave at the bottom of you tank when replacing you water softener resin?

Check out some similar questions!

Water softener resin clogging water supply lines [ 1 Answers ]

We have a water softener that has a resin filter that has broken numerous times due to surges in water pressure. This time we didn't realize it had broken in time to bypass the softener and avoid getting resin in the lines again. We've already flushed the resin out of the 2 toilets and 2 sinks...

Discoloured water after running water softener [ 2 Answers ]

I am just wondering if it is normal to have discoloured (orangey brown) water coming through the house after running my water softener. I have to leave the water run for about 5 minutes to get the water to return to clear again. I am in a new house so I wouldn't think it is the pipes, but...

Constant running water noise, old water softener pipes? [ 3 Answers ]

When we bought our house, it came with a decommissioned water softener in the laundry room. The pipes behind it (I'm assuming in and out) were capped off with plastic plugs that toggle back and forth. If you're familiar with Dr. Dolittle, I'd call it a pushmi-pullyu setup. (sorry, I'm an admin, not...

Salt from water softener contaminated hot water pipes [ 1 Answers ]

Since I could not lift bags of salt to fill the container of my water softener, I just unplugged the softener instead of turning off the main valve; therefore, apparently the water continued to flow through the remaining salt until it was gone. In the last year, I have been through two brand new...

Rainsoft Water Softener - Salt tank not filling with water? [ 1 Answers ]

Put a bag of salt in my softener today and it appeared to be way over the brine level. Checked on it a few hours later and still had dry pellets on top. Manually regenerated the system - no fill. Letting it go through its cycle now, but wondering if there's something I'm overlooking. There's...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.