Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jim d jones Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2009, 08:00 AM
    Where can I go to bid on commercial cleaning contracts
    Hello
    I just started a commercial cleaning business about 4 months ago.
    I have some experience. Is there a site I can bid on contracts in my area?
    How do I obtain my first client. I did the free ads online, passed out flyers and business cards, any ideas please help!

Thanks!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2009, 08:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim d jones View Post
    i just started a commercial cleaning business about 4 months ago. is there a site i can bid on contracts in my area?

how do i obtain my first client.
    Hello Jim:

People don't hire cleaning companies because of their bid. Even if you were to find a nice place to advertise and place bids, no company looks there...

Nope. They hire people because they're PEOPLE... So, the only way you're going to obtain your first client, is to go out into the world and make a sales call on him.

excon
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2009, 01:14 PM
    Hi, Jim d jones!

You say that you have some experience. Was that working on your own or for someone else, please?

Thanks!

Oct 19, 2009, 10:40 PM

Working on my own.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2009, 11:05 PM
    Hi again, Jim d jones!

Have you tried "cold-calling" on potential customers? Also, where did you place free ads online, please?

Thanks!

Oct 20, 2009, 10:01 AM

I just started cold calling seems I've got a couple leads. There has been no deal yet though. My online ads are with yellowbot, merchantcircle, citysqures,monta, kudzu, yellow pages AOL any other ideas were I should ad my business

Please advise - jim
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Oct 20, 2009, 10:21 AM

Your best approach in cold calling or in fact any conversations that you have with a prospect is to be a problem solver.

Think about why this person will buy from you. And it's not all about telling him/her about who you are and what you can/will do. Yes, do that briefly, but only as a 'qualifier', but then go quickly to asking questions about why he/she is talking to you.

Obviously, they have a situation or a problem, otherwise why are they even giving you their time, it is your job to identify what that is and present a solution. You then have reached the core... solve the problem, make them fell better and feel secure that YOU are the answer. Remember in all sales... it IS an emotional decision, make them like you, your solutions and your company.

Stringer
    Business Expert

Oct 21, 2009, 06:49 PM

Jim, are you coming back to discuss this further?

Oct 22, 2009, 06:44 AM

Thanks so much for the direction. I needed that. Since this post I've had three appointments this week.
    Thank you all! :)
    Business Expert

Oct 22, 2009, 08:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim d jones View Post
    Thanks soo much for the direction. i needed that. since this post i've had three appointments this week.
    thank you all !! :)
    Excellent, way to go!

That is opening the door a crack, now prepare yourself, and go to work.

Take the time to research these companies. Go online to their websites, study their history, find out who their officers are, find out about their local social contributions, find out how many employees, find out what exactly they do. AND try to find the person that you will be seeing.

When you take the time to explore their company, they are usually impressed that you took the effort. Use something that you learned during the initial interview.

Also during the first interview, try to find some of the interests of that person, married, kids, sports, concerns, social groups, how long with the company, goals (personal and company imposed), likes, dislikes, etc. Then find a way to use something. For example, if you find that they are having an anniversary coming up soon, send something to their office. Make sure that it is appropriate, not expensive, but something that took some thought.

Things such as this will put you on top of their list, and show that you do your due diligence.

Stringer
    derek2155 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2011, 02:59 PM
    Hi my names is charles jackson, i will be starting my cleaning company 2/14/11 jackson's cleaning service.. well i been doing cleaning for 21 years.. i think what jim said was wright' start with your company cards flys and always have a good smile on your face..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get commercial cleaning contracts [ 18 Answers ]

I have a cleaning company that has lots of residential business but have no idea how to land commercial contracts I don't know were to start any help would be most appreciated. Julian thanks.

HOW to obtain cleaning contracts and also how todo marketing for my cleaning business [ 13 Answers ]

Hello I just started my own cleaning business 5months ago with my husband I have one contract so far... its a small restaurant cleaning once a week which is not much... I just basically looked through the phone book and that's how I got it really called a bunch of people and got lucky... What...

How to bid on commercial cleaning contracts [ 5 Answers ]

I have started a home based janitorial company. Do anyone know how to bid on commercial building cleaning jobs? I was informed that multiplying the total square foot of areas to be cleaned by cents per square foot is one way. Are there any other ways? ...

Commercial cleaning contracts [ 5 Answers ]

I am starting my own commercial cleaning business. How can I find contracts to get my business going? Thanks

Commercial cleaning contracts [ 2 Answers ]

How to get commercial cleaning contracts in atlanta ga.

View more questions Search