Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dagwood 71 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2006, 08:08 AM
    Mobile Home Repossession
    I am wondering how long it takes to foreclose or reposess a mobile home in Michigan after you have been notified you have 30 days to pay the back monies owed. Do they give you a court date? Thank You
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 4, 2006, 08:15 AM
    Is the mobile home loan does under a property deed, or a title.

If it is on the loan with the land and is considered property, their will be a foreclosure, if it is on a "title" more like a car, they will come and padlock it on you or even merely tow it away.

But normally they will work with you if you try at all. So call them up and talk with them and see what you can do.
    Dagwood 71 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2006, 09:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    Is the mobile home loan does under a property deed, or a title.

If it is on the loan with the land and is considered property, their will be a foreclosure, if it is on a "title" more like a car, they will come and padlock it on you or even merley tow it away.

But normally they will work with you if you try at all. So call them up and talk with them and see what you can do.
    The mobile home is in a mobile home park does that make a difference? Yes we have a title to it like to our car,, Thank You Oh They said the only way to work with us is if we pay all the back money owed with in 15 days, There is no way we can,, This is Michigan and half the state is our of work here, Again Thank you
    Cvillecpm Posts: 553, Reputation: 28

Nov 4, 2006, 09:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagwood 71
    I am wondering how long it takes to foreclose or reposess a mobile home in Michigan after you have been notified you have 30 days to pay the back monies owed. Do they give you a court date? Thank You
    Probably not - Mobile homes are deemed personal property like a car and can be repo'ed in most states.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 4, 2006, 11:42 AM
    Yes they merely have to repo it like they would your car.

In many places I have seen them send a crew out while you were not home, disconnect it from electric and seweer and just tow it away \
    * just like taking your car.

On here I have heard stories of them taking and puttnig chains or security locsk on the traier so you can't get get in.

So you need to figure out what you can do, and make them the best offer you can.

Now normally they want the money, so I would bet ( just my guess) that they would get a judgement and try to garnish your wages first, but that is my guess ( and I am not always right)
    Cvillecpm Posts: 553, Reputation: 28

Nov 4, 2006, 02:54 PM
    As with installation of expensive equipment in commercial rental property, it is common for the "park" to be notified of the deliquency as they may have a "security interest" in the MH so that THEY CAN make the deliquent payments, lock you OUT and take possession of the MH and re-sell it. That way it does not have to be moved and the MH residents are not extras "Repo Man".

You need to make the payments ASAP or move your belongings out if you want to keep them.
    wileyeffie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2012, 07:54 AM
    Can the mortgage company garnish my SSD check mobile home non payment

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mobile home repossession or foreclosure... [ 6 Answers ]

We currently own a mobile home in a mobile home park in the state of Iowa. We have been trying to sell our home for close to a year now, with no luck. About four months ago, we decided to sell the home to the mobile home park the home is in, for significantly less than what we owe. We purchased...

Repossession of Manufactured Home [ 4 Answers ]

I co-signed for someone to purchase a MH. Long story short-The lending company (Green Tree) called me. The person in the MH is 3 months behind and they wanted me to pay the amount. I told them(GreenTree) that if the payments aren't being paid then go get the MH. The rep from Green Tree then told me...

Mobile Home Foreclosure [ 2 Answers ]

My husband purchased a mobile home the year before we were married. A year after we married he was diagnosed with a chronic illness and has been unable to work since then. He receives SSI disability, but it is not much. In recent months he has been hospitalized for a lenghty period. Due to this, he...

Mobile home reposession [ 1 Answers ]

From PM:

Notice of repossession of mobile home [ 3 Answers ]

How much time does a lending company have to notify a mobile home owner before taking reposessession of the home, in the state of Virginia.

View more questions Search