Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ewiltcad123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2009, 03:59 PM
    Trane Heat Pump & AC Unit
    My 4-year old trane 14 seer heat pump won't turn on. Thermostat works and the unit clicks when I set the thermostat, but the unit won't kick on. What could be the problem?
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2009, 09:04 PM

Make sure you have power to the outdoor unit, check for any tripped breakers.
    mustanggt Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2012, 10:36 PM
    Probably not breakers but the, limit switch , bad . Or might need b cleaned they are two wires connecting to it doesn't matter how you put back on real cheap easy fix
    mustanggt Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2012, 10:38 PM
    Oh forgot , if that don't work check code on computer . Make sure your heat echange pipes not clogged I have same unit and that's my problem

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outside Trane XL1200Heat Pump Unit Freezing Up Solid [ 2 Answers ]

Good day. I've got a Trane XL 1200 outside heat pump unit that keeps freezing up solid. I metered acrossed the Swithover Valve Coil and it read fairly low ohms (15ohms). While testing different things, I noticed the Outdoor Temperature Sensor (ODS) read approximately 18.4K Ohms at an outside...

Trane XL20i heat pump requires Trane 900 series thermostat? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering if the Trane XL20i heat pump requires the use of Trane's 900 series thermostat or if a Honeywell VisionPro IAQ thermostat can be used.

Can I connect new outside unit to older inside unit for a heat pump? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a heatpump system. The outside unit is very old and is different manufacturer than the newer (9yr old) inside unit. Outside unit has gone bad. Can I connect a new TRANE Outside unit with SEER of 13 to my 9 year old TRANE inside unit with SEER of 10 which still seems to be working...

Rheem-heat-pump-outside-unit-humming but blower unit working [ 3 Answers ]

I have a heat pump and ac unit outside. The inside blower fan still working but the outside unit humming. Are there any quick fixes here

Trane central heat and air unit [ 2 Answers ]

Our air conditioner just suddenly stopped. The condenser will not kick on and we wold appreciate any suggestions to what the probem could be. It would be a great help if it were something my husband could possiblyfis.

View more questions Search