Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cynz88 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2006, 06:17 AM
    Dog poo is off color
    This morning when my dog went the toilet she did a few poos that were very white, they were dry and were crumbly. She also did poos similar to these this afternoon and I'm very worried. She also did not have her dinner last night or tonight. She is a white pure bred maltese dog who is nearly 2.5 years old.

.. I'm not sure what's wrong, can anybody help? :(
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2006, 07:55 AM
    Is there any possibility she managed to forage something she shouldn't have? Look around the house for evidence and the yard too if she is out unsupervised. It is common for dogs to eat indigestibles and be off, some more than others. Have you had problems with her eating stuff in the past? Most of my Labs, I would wait until Monday, and call the vet if it wasn't back to normal. My friend once warned me when I was sitting her Lab that it had eaten her grandson's crayons. Whether you panic and rush the dog to the vet is a matter of knowing your dog and its past history. I will say, I get my Labs to the vet as soon as they skip the first meal. I once let a Shepherd go 3 days on a few nibbles. You just have to know the dog and what it has been into.
    cynz88 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2006, 03:06 PM
    Thank you labman for your reply. Yes she did get into the bins yesterday morning and she managed to eat some leftovers, they were cooked pork bones. Would that be the cause? I will keep an eye on her and then see if she has her food tonight and see if her poos are still the same colour. Thank you for your help!
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2006, 03:50 PM
    Even the most competent and knowledgeable dog owners occasionally have their dogs get into stuff they shouldn't. Cooked pork bones are not good. If the dry, crumbly stuff is chewed up bones, at least they crumbled rather than split into sharp splinters. As I said, keep an eye on her. A few missed meals won't hurt any dog.
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Nov 4, 2006, 04:08 PM
    Please seek medical attention for your dog as Gray-white and soft feces are signs of Liver Disorders, I have listed a link for you to read over
    Symptoms and Diagnosis of Liver Disorders
    please keep in mind that we are not vets and this site should not be used as medical advice. I do, do rescue work and I am fair educated in the pet industry, but again I am not a veterinarian,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Morgan dog - stuffed toy dog [ 19 Answers ]

I am looking for an older stuffed dog, a child's toy, that had a rubber squeaker in the nose,  We used to call it a "Morgan" dog,  it had big plactic eyes that had loose black centers,  any info on this toy would be nice.

Need name of older movie [ 2 Answers ]

It most probably was on television late 70's early 80's. There was a woman who cured the sick by touching them. I remember one scene in which she stopped a little girl's nosebleed. I know it's not much, please help if you can. Thanks!!

Hope to help dog cope with loss of second dog? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I live in St. Louis MO and have had 2 dogs, Brandie and Alix, for 11 years. I brought them home about 1 week apart from each other, so they have been together for 11 years. They were very close. Alix was very close to Brandie. She would only go outside if Brandie went out. Would only...

Dog ear wax color [ 4 Answers ]

My lab has just gotten over an ear infection ( been over two weeks). I cleaned his ears with a Q tip just as labman mentioned in a previous post and noticed the wax color was reddish-brown Is this normal color or due to the infection? He had a lot of build up and I don't know if I got it all...

My dog is 2 years old and he will not eat his dried dog food! [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I have two dogs pal and buddy now buddy is 2 and pal is 8 I have had these dogs for there hole life and about a month ago we had to change there food now pal was fine with this she eats her food all at once so did buddy but once we put them back to there regular diet pal was fine and so...

View more questions Search