Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FroOGle Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2009, 01:01 PM
    Xbox Live
    My mom won't let me use our xbox live because she knows people can use dirty language, even though I've been telling her that you can mute or hide it... what should I tell her?:confused::(
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2009, 01:04 PM

Her house ,her computer,her rules.
    The only thing you can do is take her to the site and show her.
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2009, 01:14 PM

You can't blame your mum from wanting to protect you from the things that are said over live,and yes you can mute them, but you will still hear them the first time, they say anything and your mum is trying to stop you from hearing those kinds of things,

And as art lady says her house her rules, and to be honest if you show her that you can mute those kind of people its still going to reinforce her stance that such language is spoken there and hence she won't want you there.
    Anormalguy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2012, 07:37 AM
    You problem is simple to fix: Just show your mom that everyone is okay by muting everyone! After awhile, she will loosen this grip and you can start unmuting some people.
    Don't screw it up though, for this is a long ,but positve to work, process. :))
    AnswerMan5000 Posts: 186, Reputation: 3

Sep 24, 2012, 08:52 AM
    Young kids should not be on services like this anyway. I used to play on X Live and its full of 12 and 13 year olds, they give out their addresses and stuff like that to people online.

I had to block Habbo Hotel off my router when I was younger and lived @ home because my teenage brother had people calling him from all over the world

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Xbox live [ 1 Answers ]

Well I try to get on xbox live today and it logs me on and says I have to agree to a new terms of use to get on and start playing games. So I select the view terms of use and it starts to take me to the page but once it starts to load it kicks me off and says that I am no longer connected. I can't...

Xbox live problems [ 1 Answers ]

Well to start things off I am not able to get on my own profile on xbox.com, I am still unsure why this is but I figured if I could go onto my actual xbox 360 then I could try and change it, well I go to account management and select windows live ID, from there I should be able to change my info...

How to set up Xbox live [ 9 Answers ]

I have most of the info...

GTA 4 on xbox live [ 2 Answers ]

I just got the new GTA 4... I turn on my xbox360... it goes straight to the game, so I sign into the xbox dashboard... and I put in my 4 digit code to sign into xbox live! OK... so after signing into xbox live, why does it not let me play the game online?? Somebody please have an answer!! Aaaahhhh....

View more questions Search