Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Caitsith Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2009, 11:55 AM
    Photoshop cs3
    :) Hi,just joined so forgive me if iv'e posted this in the wrong place. Can anyone help me with the kb sizing with photoshop cs3? Im getting a little confused with it all. I need to get my sig to under 30KB and i can't seem to do it ! The original size is 586K Optimized is 18.93K

Thank you for any help. :)
    pickandgrin Posts: 19, Reputation: 6

Oct 20, 2009, 06:22 PM

The forum where you are going to post the site may have limitations or recommendations for the pixel width or height of your sig. It is advisable to have this information prior to sizing your image.

1. Open your image
    2. File>Save for Web and Devices
    3. A dialog window opens
    4. Choose 4-up from the 4 tabs in the upper left portion of the window.
    5. Your image will be displayed 4 times in the main portion of the screen
    6. Notice that the file size is listed below each one.
    7. Click the Image Size tab in the lower section at the right of the screen.
    8. In the new size portion of that same section, enter the desired pixel size.
    When you change the width, the height will change proportionately. If you aren’t sure what size to make it, 500 pixels wide is probably a safe size for most forums.
    9. Click the Apply button
    10. Now, click on the image with the largest file size of the 4 displayed in the main section that doesn’t exceed 30K.
    11. You’ll see a blue highlight box around it.
    12. Click the Save button at the top right side of the window and follow the save routine.
    13. Once the optimized file is saved, you’ll be returned to your normal PS workspace.
    summer7 Posts: 344, Reputation: 44

Oct 20, 2009, 06:28 PM

I have CS3 also. I just went into image then image size to reduce.

Go into Image
    Then Image size
    Check the box Constrain Proportions
    Then enter desired dimensions
    Press OK

Good luck! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want photoshop [ 4 Answers ]

I don't have a lot of money, but I hear photoshop is one of the best ways to edit your photos. So it's there a website that I can download it from or something? And if anyone can, can they teach me as much as they can on what they know on photoshop and editing the photos. (maybe its not so...

What can I do with photoshop cs4 [ 6 Answers ]

I recently got the adobe photoshop cs4 extended. But have no idea how to use it. I just got it for the fun of it. I saw a cs3 version and saw that I could do many cool things with it and that was how I decided to get the cs4 version thinking it would have cooler things available. I want to...

Photoshop CS4 Key [ 1 Answers ]

Im a student at a University and looking to try and design business cards and make logos and flyers for local businesses for extra cash but I don't have the money to buy photoshop which is about $600 bucks and it's the only design software I know. Does anyone know how to get a free version of it...

Photoshop cs2 [ 2 Answers ]

My photoshop cs2 is having problem whenever I use to go to do something with photoshop cs2 it shows me "Can not complete your request as an error occur".kindly help me out from this.its not a registered software that's why I can not consult with support website. Thank you.

Photoshop [ 5 Answers ]

Is there any way to get Photoshop on an iMac or even better Aperture. I'm really into photography, although I'm just starting. Help? :confused:

View more questions Search