Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phlanx Posts: 213, Reputation: 13

Oct 18, 2009, 02:55 PM

If you have administrator settings then you have the go ahead to change and add programs so that should be okay as well

When you try dowloading a file, check the HDD size before and after and see if it is downloading or not

Obviously if the freespace left on your hard drive doesn't change then it is not downloading, if it does then you are and you just can't find the file
    shawtyyxo Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2009, 03:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by phlanx View Post
    If you have administrator settings then you have the go ahead to change and add programs so that should be okay as well

When you try dowloading a file, check the HDD size before and after and see if it is downloading or not

Obviously if the freespace left on your hard drive doesnt change then it is not downloading, if it does then you are and you just can't find the file
    I checked the freespace before and after I tried. It didn't move. So that means it's not downloading at all.

Oct 18, 2009, 03:15 PM

I think because you have tried to download it several times, it could be a case that the file is on your system and so it doesn't download again and therefore will not change your hdd volume

When you searched for the file did you follow this

Select My Computer
    Click on Main HDD drive C:\
    And then in the upper right corner you can search for the file
    Type in Fire

Let me know

Oct 18, 2009, 03:18 PM

I tried searching it, and nothing comes up.

Oct 18, 2009, 03:25 PM

Okay then, I have tried to download from IE several times the Firefox program, I have also tried the run option, all options come up the same - It works, the file is where it should be and it asks if it wants it replaced

I am thinking your IE is missing a script command, or similar other missing file that is preventing it from downloading

Try this How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer in Windows Vista and Windows XP

You can follow the instructions and it will reset/repair your IE browser back to default, at which point you will be able to download a better browser :)

I cannot see any other reason except this one why this is not downloading - let me know if it works

Oct 18, 2009, 03:26 PM
    PS Do you have auto updates for Microsoft on?

Oct 18, 2009, 03:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by phlanx View Post
    PS Do you have auto updates for microsoft on?
    Microsoft updates are on, and I'll try that tomorrow and let you know. I'm going to go offline for the night. Going to go rest cause I'm sick.

Oct 18, 2009, 03:48 PM

Chicken Soup!

No worries
    Tincan135 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2009, 02:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shawtyyxo View Post
    I try to download, and it usually gives me the option of "save" or "run" and I click run. It downloads, really fast, but then the box goes away and nothing happens. I have tried clicking save, but it doesn't save to anywhere on my laptop. I use Windows Vista. I have tried downloading firefox, but it won't even let me download that. I dunno how to fix it, and if anyone could tell me, It would be greatly appreciated!
    That happens to me to:mad: but a black windows comes up its from system 32.exe

Oct 19, 2009, 02:15 PM

Try repairing your IE, windows is a complicated system, that comes with no guarnatee!

Tincan, when you say a black window pops up - is this the Dos window - it shows a C:\ promt ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't download ANYTHING [ 5 Answers ]

My computer won't let me download anything even when I cutomize my internet options to enable downloads

Avg download [ 6 Answers ]

Downloaded AVG and it shows up in "my documents" but it will not open. Aj.

Can't download DSL [ 3 Answers ]

I am hooked up to DSL with a main computer connected to a 4 port (hard wire) router, from which I am currently running a second computer and intend a third. When I plugged in the third unit, I was able to access the Internet through DSL. Because of all the junk on the third unit, I decided to...

I can't Download [ 1 Answers ]

Something is wrong with my software. It will not download anything. I had this software called Internet Download Manager. I have a Windows XP. So, what should I do? Pleas Help Me!! :confused:

Can't download ANYTHING! [ 13 Answers ]

My computer has just recovered from a problem in which was solved by the removing of display drivers. While I doubt that shouldn't affect my downloading, I can't think of anything that is wrong with my computer for it to be as such. Now I can't even download new drivers. I need help!! :( ...

View more questions Search