Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    miamor10192007 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2009, 11:13 PM
    I'm experiencing vaginal irritation going on two days now. What could it be?
    Im in a monogomous relationship for 2 years now. I have 3 children ages 15,12, and 6 years old. Since I don't want to take any chances of an unplanned pregnancy I opted for the IUD as a form of birth control. Its been 3 months since I had it inserted. I had no real problems the first month. On my second month I though I had started my period but it was constant spotting for close to 3 weeks maybe longer. It has been really annoying but now Im having a raw/irritation feeling in my vaginal opening. Its bearable but it is very uncomfortable. I am spotting again and I know this is common with an IUD especially in the first months.
    However I think that the irritation may have to do with the IUD. I looked in there with a mirror to see if anything looks funny. Im really red and tender. Has anyone experinced anything similar?

I had used an IUD in the past about 10 years ago or so. I had it removed after I many episodes of rawness and pain. I was never reallly diagnosed with anything and the problems persisted even years after I had removed the IUD. My condition went away about 3-4 months after I separated from my then husband.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2009, 11:20 PM

I wonder, since you're spotting so much, are you using a pantiliner? When I'm spotting, that's what I do, wear a pantiliner. And I've noticed if I wear the for extended periods they start to cause irritation. Even if I'm changing them regularly, just having to wear one all the time for too long will cause it for me.

If that's not the case, and it is the iud causing it, which it sounds like it could be since you mentioned it happened last time too, maybe it's time for a new method of because? Have you considered the nuva ring or maybe depo shots? They do require more remembering than iud's but not as much as the pill, if that's an issue.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 18, 2009, 03:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by miamor10192007 View Post
    I had used an IUD in the past about 10 years ago or so. I had it removed after I many episodes of rawness and pain.
    Could you be experiencing the same thing this time?
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2009, 03:38 AM

Go back to your doctor!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vaginal problems, a lot of dischrage and vaginal itch [ 2 Answers ]

Well its embarasing but I'm 16 and I just became sexually active. Ive only done it with one boy which is my boyfriend and ever since I have been dealing with occasional vaginal itching. At one point it became so sever that my mom had to take me to the doctor but she didn't find out about my sex...

Red irritation. [ 8 Answers ]

For a couple of years now I have had a slight red rash on the crown of my penis and it seems to get really sore after having sex or oral. I have been to doctors and they have just passed it off every time. Recently I have had some uncomfort in the head and more redness,went to the urologist and he...

Change in vaginal discharge after sex,and a few days before scheduled period [ 2 Answers ]

Help!I am in a committed relationship with my boyfriend of nearly four yrs.neither of us has an STD.we had sex two days ago,and after my vagina was slightly swollen with a little blood.I then noticed a change in my vaginal discharge.it is more gummy looking that its usual thinner texture.there has...

Vaginal Discharge and irritation [ 1 Answers ]

I have just switched to the Nuvo Ring. Within the past 2 days, I have experience mild discharge and major dryness. The symptom is similar to a yeast infection, but it is not yeast infection. Is this a side effect of Nuvo Ring or a sign of a major problem?

View more questions Search