Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chinaakbar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2009, 09:49 PM
    Filed a restraing order
    I filed a restraining order against a woman who was on probation for a assault with a deadly weapon, well she still on probation. I turned the restraining order in with her probation officer the question is what can happen to her.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 17, 2009, 10:11 PM

The probation officer will review the reason you got the order, if she did anything against her rules, they may, but most likely they will wait and if she violates the order then they willl take her to the judge
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2009, 06:29 AM

Hello c:

The fact that YOU handed the restraining order to the PO indicates that YOU have a bias in the case... It looks like YOU want him punished, NOT because he might have broken the rules, but because you're pissed at him...

That's going to work in HIS favor.

excon
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2009, 09:49 AM

Just giving a copy to the PO means it will just be added into their file. If you had good reason such as a police report that enabled you to obtain the order, then there just might be a violation of probation if the woman did not mention this incident to the PO. Any police contact must be reported to the PO. If she didn't then it's an automatic violation. Possibly her probation may be revoked and she could spend the rest of her sentence in jail.
    chinaakbar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2009, 09:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    Just giving a copy to the PO means it will just be added into their file. If you had good reason such as a police report that enabled you to obtain the order, then there just might be a violation of probation if the woman did not mention this incident to the PO. Any police contact must be reported to the PO. If she didn't then it's an automatic violation. Quite possibly her probation may be revoked and she could spend the rest of her sentence in jail.
    I have a police report that she hit me she tried to lie to the police and said that I hit her. The Da through it out because I had witnesses also I file a cross complaint against her. I took her to court and won.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wife files false domestic restraing order [ 65 Answers ]

My wife recently left me on a Sunday while I was serving at our church. She filed for divorce on Tuesday and then for a domestic violence restraining order on Thursday. She was granted a TPO and there is a hearing set for August 5. In her statement she claims that I was abusive and she added and...

Restraing order [ 2 Answers ]

MY Ex husband was sent to jail for hitting me and my son, i have restraing order on him, he some how got a hold of my email and my cell # and was harrasing me, I panicked and I didn't save anything I deletedm mY email and quickly changed my number I was in a very abusive marriage with this person...

Legal, Go a restraing order on my bank acct. I didn't pay a bill or show up in court [ 2 Answers ]

I owed a bill for $200.00 and didn't pay after court. I missed my court date and now The lawyer has put a restraing order on my bank account. I would like to pay the money. What do I do now/

Restraing order Neighbor has on ex husband [ 2 Answers ]

Ok so here it is. I have these nieghbors. She has a restraining order on her ex husband. But she lets him live there. When she gets mad she calls the cops and says he showed up and was violating the restraining order. When all the neighbors know and maintenance people that work at the complex know...

Can a restraining order be filed? [ 4 Answers ]

My husband has an ex girlfriend who is constantly trying to contact him, via Yahoo, myspace, phone, etc. He has told her numerous times to stop but she won't. Now she tries to contact me, threatening me and telling me he's cheating on me, which I know is not true and don't even suspect it. She...

View more questions Search