Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nzn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2009, 01:04 AM
    Need architectural inspiration for shopping mall concept.
    I need a concept for a shopping mall. Could you guys help me by contributing your ideas?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2009, 01:16 AM
    Hi, nzn!

Do you mean a concept as to the intricacies of the design or just ideas as to what the shopping mall might be like in general as far as size, shape, looks, parking, etc.

Thanks!
    chnnker177 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Oct 31, 2009, 03:41 PM

Hey there, I don't know what you mean specifically but my guess is design wise maybe? Well anyway, I guess that you could probably derive some ideas for the shopping mall by looking at the site it will be sitting on, maybe see what monuments or important elements around the site.

Also you might want to think about making some diagrams about many important aspects relevant to the site (eg. Sun exposure, circulation, population, etc) or maybe you want to do something more abstract like programming lines.

This other thing is difficult but might work, base your design on a specific and meaningful word such as: parallel, intersection, rhythm, etc..
    This way the design will be tied to the meaning of the word that you choose and will make more sense to you , the designer

Hope that helped :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80's movie about kids staying in a shopping mall overnight [ 7 Answers ]

Desperatley trying to remember the name of a film me and my sister watched in the 80's about two(we think) children that get locked in a shopping mall overnight. Think it's a brother and sister. Can't remember much about it, apart from them looking for money in the water fountain, using the...

Inspiration [ 2 Answers ]

I'm stuck in a basement room, inhaling the world through windows nailed shut (literally), and though 3am smells sweater than 5 in the afternoon I'm still tragically uninspired. I just want to talk, about whatever, so tell me something?

How about a little inspiration? [ 15 Answers ]

And maybe a lesson or two courtesy of 47-year-old Britain's Got Talent contestant Susan Boyle... 9lp0IWv8QZY You rock, Susan.

Architectural photography [ 3 Answers ]

Are there architectural photography courses for free in germany?

I need.inspiration? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am practicing one of my manga comics for when I get older. Every time I start it seems like everything is going great and the pictures look good. But, when it comes about to the 6th panel I start to loose the feeling, my characters start to get a little awkward, and no matter how many times...

View more questions Search