Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2009, 11:10 AM
    Righto. Winter is nice here, especially when storm days mean no work and fun with the kids. :)
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2009, 11:36 AM

NK You must have your windows open again. It's warmed up quite a lot here in the last 2 days and should be a scorcher at 65 degrees tomorrow. It got down to a balmy 24 on my outdoor thermometer a few mornings ago.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Oct 20, 2009, 11:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Same here. We boost the heat and open the windows.

I catch the kids doing this, and I tell them I don't want to pay to heat the outdoors ;)

G&P
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2009, 11:44 AM
    A little fresh air is good. The bills don't seem to be too affected, you won't see me posting in the credit collection forums. :)
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2009, 11:56 AM

When I was a kid (up to age 10) I used to sleep with the window open in the wintertime at least a few inches and only closed it when it got below zero. This was in Pennsylvania a million years ago. We had an old coal furnace that was turned off at night (or not stoked with new coal). Someone had to get out of a nice warm bed in the morning to go stoke the coal into the furnace. I remember the cold nigt air smelling so good and clean. Now, I happily keep the windows closed at night due to the chemtrails and the crap they spray. I'd much prefer having the windows open though.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Oct 20, 2009, 12:05 PM

Remember sleeping porches? :)

G&P
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2009, 12:48 PM
    Twinkie , you could emulate Ben Franklin of Penn. Who made it a habit to sleep naked with the windows wide open . He advocated as much exposure to fresh air as possible regardless of the season.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I think I believe in global warming now [ 5 Answers ]

My backyard in NJ on October 15, 2009. Notice how the trees haven't finished changing yet?

Global warming [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, does anyone know a good website to find info on global warming that isn't man-made?? Thank you..

Global Warming? [ 2 Answers ]

Only in Arkansas... how this got past the editor, I can only venture to guess... 4519

Global warming [ 14 Answers ]

Why arnt we putting all of our power into this situation I mean countries are going to be under waterrr... and mostly in europe I am really worried and our tempratures are hanging in many parts of earth and we are having a lot of hurricanes and such... so we arnt we putting all our mind into this.....

Benefits of global warming [ 26 Answers ]

Anyone catch this article a few days ago? But don't get excited... Like the scientists I'm still trying to figure this out. We could see both increased agricultural production and "planet-wide food" shortages, and both "mass flooding" with "planet-wide" water shortages. I wish...

View more questions Search