Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    puftakasapin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2009, 06:18 PM
    What can happen now?
    Hi there, my question is, I been married with my wife for the last 2.5 years...
    We were living in Florida together, then I moved to California because I got a very good job in a very small town (3000 people) and my wife was here for a while but after she couldn't find no jobs here and high school sucks here, kids didn't want to go to school out here, we decide that at the moment, the best thing would be for us if she goes back to Florida with the kids, and then next year we'll try to get a job at the some city and life together again.
    Ok, so, I filled my I - 751 form like 4 months ago... I got the letter back for my biometrics, I did that like a 2 months ago... Now they send me this letter I- 797 E!! They want more evidence! I was like, are you kidding me? We sent them bunch of photos, even photos from my home country( we lived there for like 3 months) same bank account... What else can I sent? Now we are separated, but still married!
    Idk what should I do and what should I sent now? Wow...
    And yeah, once one lawyer told me that after being in the states for 2 years on any type of green card, there's no way that someone can deport you or anything like that... You have your rights! That's what he said...
    So? Can you guys help me a little bit?
    Thanks
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Oct 17, 2009, 12:32 AM

I disagree with your lawyer... have met a few people who were in similar situation and their I-751 were denied.

I recommend discussing this issue with experienced immigration attorney asap...
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Oct 17, 2009, 08:10 AM

RFE's fairly common depending on what you submitted as evidence of co-habitation (and separation) and co-mingling of funds (non-employment).

Respond to the RFE, don't send in anything you already sent previously. Pictures, utility bills, leases, credit cards, insurance and a bank account are the standard minimum. Primary evidence is preferred, but also include secondary evidence as well. I agree with Lawanwadee, you need to consult with another immigration attorney and respond to the RFE seriously.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nothing will happen between us, but I still really like him. [ 7 Answers ]

I see this boy once a week at a sort of youth club I am 14 and he is 17. He is in the sixth form at my school Thing is, I really fancy him and find myself thinking about him a lot. But to him I would be too young for anything to happen, and as far as I can tell he might be interested in some...

Does this usually happen? [ 1 Answers ]

I had sex with a co worker on a lunch break. I know it doesn't seem like a really big thing but I really didn't know him at all being that he was a new employee. I use to think that having sex with a person outright didn't determined a relationship because majority of my boyfriends have been the...

What's Going To Happen? [ 1 Answers ]

OK so I recently had sex and the condom broke:eek: and my boyfriend and I had some concerns that I might be pregnant, but I got my period and when I told him that everything was OK he said that there's still a chance I can be pregnant so I looked it up and found out that there's such a thing as...

What needs to happen? [ 3 Answers ]

Ok my girlfriend has a 18 mo old baby and his biological dad has seen him once... he is on none of his paperwork such as birth certificate, nothing. He will call one day and say I want to see my son, then the same afternoon he will call and say he hates the baby and hopes to never see him. He...

When will this happen for me [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know will I ever have children and if so when:)

View more questions Search