Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blue fish Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2009, 02:03 PM
    Is it wrongful termination.
    In the state of Arizona, is it wrongful termination for a contracted employee to be fired and not given a reason either verbally or in writing?
    In a meeting with 5 other people, she was told to pack up her things and leave, she was fired. That was all that was said.
    When later given a letter of termination, all that was stated was information about insurance and that if she had anything of the companies, that it needed to be returned. Nothing at all about the reason why, just that employment was terminated.
    There also had not been any warnings, written or verbal that this was coming. It appeared to be an improptue and emotional decision on the part of the manager.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2009, 02:07 PM

What are the terms of the employment contract? That contract prevails.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 16, 2009, 04:01 PM

If her contract was terminated for cause they are not required to give her a reason other than terminated for cause. But if she sues they will have to justifiy it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wrongful termination in PA [ 5 Answers ]

I live in Pennsylvania, I was wondering if anyone knows if you can be terminated while you are out on a medical excuse I had ovarian cysts rupture and did the proper procedures to call off and my boss terminated me during this time then she also said I misused office supplies without authorization...

Wrongful Termination [ 1 Answers ]

I am wondering if anyone knows what the statue of limitations is in Missouri state to file a wrongful termination suit?

Wrongful termination [ 16 Answers ]

My son and I were terminated from our jobs wednesday; Normally I work in the morning shift, but I had requested to have the morning shift off. I received a phonecall on my answering machine in the morning, our employer stated that the place I work had called him, and said I left notes the...

Wrongful termination [ 3 Answers ]

My former employer, fired me for allegedly violating a security rule. I was terminated for plugging a non corporate portable into the Corporate network. I have been using my Macintosh openly, for over NINE MONTHS, in plain sight of all my peers and management and no one ever told me to stop. ...

View more questions Search