Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shinto63 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2003, 12:57 PM
    Dachsund halitosis
    We have a nine year old miniature dachsund. This dog has the worst breath. We brought him to the vet for teeth cleening. Once, really did not help. Does anyone have good cure. Thank you for any help.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2003, 07:26 PM
    dachsund halitosis
    Switching to a dry dog food if you are feeding canned should help. However I am afraid that even mean, old Labman may not have the will power to wait until he got hungry enough to eat it. Dogs will eat anything if they are hungry enough. Many Dachshunds are over weight and strong willed. Switching over a 9 year old could be heart breaking.

There are doggy tooth brushes and tooth paste. Your old tooth brush might work, but your tooth paste would not be good for him. Look for his own at better pet stores. Avoid the consumable dental chews, too many dogs have choked to death on them. The nubby Flexibones or gummybones should be OK.

dutchwolf Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2003, 06:07 PM
    dachsund halitosis
    Hi
    You might consider to give him a real (boiled) bone. I can't give you a guaranty but it sometimes helps dogs getting a better breath.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Miniature Dachsund Puppy Feeding [ 4 Answers ]

What kind of food should be given to a 5 week old mini doxie? I want to do whatever I can to prevent my little puppy from having long term back problems and need help on feeding

View more questions Search