Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 16, 2009, 01:07 PM
    Getting married
    AS Judy caught on one of my answers, so I figured I would tell my family first, and sad as it may be in real life, this group here is about all the family I have except for my grown children.

But I will be getting married again ( OK I know I have been warned) on Dec 7 th.

And for those that like the funny side of it, I am going to marry my ex wife again. Over the last few months we have went back to counseling and have a totally new aspect and view on our relationship.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 16, 2009, 01:09 PM
    Way to go Chuck..
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2009, 01:10 PM

Ah, hah! That's EXACTLY why I get paid to do investigations!

I'm glad for you... and for her. I don't think anyone should be alone and it sounds like you've fixed what was broken.

I think it's great and on a personal note - I wish I would meet someone. However, if I EVER post I'm reconciling with MY ex I want you to drive here and slap some sense into me.
    Expert

Oct 16, 2009, 01:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Way to go Chuck..

Hummm have to wonder which way?? But thanks not a easy choice, but this is one tha is not the norm for our advice, and I have to say it has a lot to do with the book I have been pushing on the relationshp pages latey, "Love Languages" it made even me look at a relationship in a totally different way.
    Expert

Oct 16, 2009, 01:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Ah, hah! That's EXACTLY why I get paid to do investigations!

I'm glad for you ... and for her. I don't think anyone should be alone and it sounds like you've fixed what was broken.

I think it's great and on a personal note - I wish I would meet someone. However, if I EVER post I'm reconciling with MY ex I want you to drive here and slap some sense into me.

Still own the weighted gloves. Yes it was funny, all of her friends always told her I was still in love with her, I guess from the way I treated her when we were together for our sons events. Then of course she was somewhat jealous when I was getting closer to someone else a few months back.

So after a lot of disucssion we decided to at least go to counseling to help see where we both were at.

And the fact she is a much younger beautiful sexy women who used to be a college cheer leader had nothing to do with it either.

But seriously it shows that anything is possible.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2009, 01:45 PM

And I repeat - if I EVER think about reconciling with my ex...
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2009, 01:48 PM

My uncle married my aunt twice and the second time was a charm.
    Better to get it right the second time around.Many congrats!
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2009, 01:50 PM

Congrats to you and your bride.

Excellent.
    Expert

Oct 16, 2009, 02:02 PM

I just hope I have not disappointed 1000's of my single women readers
    ** yea like I have them
    I did get reconised once ( that was when I took my photo off here) they thought I was a nutcase and went off on me in a store
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 16, 2009, 03:29 PM
    Congrats Chuck! The second time's a charm!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 16, 2009, 03:33 PM

On December 7th?? You are getting married on Pearl Harbor day? A day that will live in infamy. And this is supposed to be a good omen for a marriage.

Congrats and good luck. You will need it for that day ;)
    rockie100 Posts: 313, Reputation: 64

Oct 16, 2009, 03:49 PM

That's great! By the way, I have the book Love Languages. It's a great read and has opened my eyes quite a bit. Side note: I have started dating my ex boyfriend of 3 years. We have been apart for 2 years. I have grown in my understanding of how to run a heathly and happy relationship since then. Hope the best for both of you.
    Rockie
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 16, 2009, 03:59 PM

I thought you seemed softer and happier lately! Now I know why!

Congratulations!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Oct 16, 2009, 05:03 PM

I am happily married for the second time, not that I was too happy the first time. But I learned lessons during and after my first marriage that changed my life. It is sweeter the second time around, never have I been happier or more content.

Congratulations Chuck, I wish you a very happy life.

Stringer
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Oct 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
    Congratulations Fr_Chuck! I wish you and your bride all the best. I'll think about you on Dec 7th. "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men."
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2009, 05:07 PM

Congrats!
    Expert

Oct 17, 2009, 09:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    On December 7th???? You are getting married on Pearl Harbor day? A day that will live in infamy. And this is supposed to be a good omen for a marriage.

Congrats and good luck. You will need it for that day ;)

Yes, I was born on the day the Titanic sank ( not the same year of course) and Dec 7 was when I was adopted
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2009, 09:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    yes, I was born on the day the Titanic sank ( not the same year of course) and Dec 7 was when I was adopted
    LOL!

Congrats Chuck and I hope this time ends happily ever after! :)
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2009, 09:20 AM

I don't know what the past was like with her but she must be some lady that you'd want to marry her again ;)

Good luck Chuck and congrats :)

Sarah
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2009, 01:23 PM

Congrats Chuck

Hope it all works out for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

File married filing jointly or separately, just married [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I got married in October 2008. I was living in Louisiana and her in Virginia. We now both live in Virginia. Our salaries and investments etc. vary greatly. Should we file married and jointly or separately?

How to win the heart of a married man.who said he wasn't married anymore. [ 21 Answers ]

I hope someone can help. I met this man and he swept me off my feet.I have not been on a date in 2 years. The night I met him we stayed together until 4:30 in the morning. On the dance floor we started kissing, I never did that in my life. He asked me to go out with him on the following wed...

Can I refile my taxes from Married to married filing separtly [ 1 Answers ]

Hi My husband owes taxes and we have been filing taxes Married/Jointly. But Since he owes we won't get the rebate. After I filed our 2007 taxes (I did myself) I wondered if I could have filed Married/filing separately Can I go back and refile again with Married/filing separately. We have kids. So...

View more questions Search