Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    billcol Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2009, 10:26 AM
    Call for heat is ignored.
    Hi everyone, I stumbled across this forum while shivering a week ago at my computer learning. I'm glad to say that the advice put forward on this site allowed me to pick up a heat ignition switch, instal it, and enjoy a warm nights sleep. I still have a reoccuring issue with the furnace. Simply put, I call for heat and it doesn't always respnd. Seems the thermostat has a mind of its own. I'm wondering if the heat sensor needs to be cleaned (I should just do it anyway). I'm fearing the circuit board may be in need of replacing. Also, sometimes the furnace sounds like it's about to fire yet cool air will blow for maybe 30 sec to 1 min then shut off. Any suggestions?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 16, 2009, 11:27 AM
    Try cleaning the flame sensor.
    dac122 Posts: 463, Reputation: 17

Oct 16, 2009, 01:25 PM

Start with the simple things as mentioned such as the flame sensor. From there you will need a multimeter to determine what is calling what to pin down the exact problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier Natural Gas Furnace main gas valve will not open every call for heat [ 1 Answers ]

We have a Carrier Weather Maker 8000 Natural Gas Furnace not functioning properly. We have replaced pressure switch, hot surface ignitor, flame sensor and control board. It will cycle 3 to 4 times and then not come back on. Is it possibly a bad coil on gas valve?:rolleyes:

Tempstar Furnace Malfunction Blows cold No Heat Call [ 23 Answers ]

Tempstar about 10 yrs old?? (was here when I moved in) (Model number: NUGS050AF01 Gas/Has pvc pipes extending to outside at side of house. Is a split system No heat call. If I turn thermostat to on and turn up thermostat, nothing will happen. If I turn the heat from auto to run, the...

A/C & Heat thermostat will not call for heat [ 4 Answers ]

Problem with a/c & heat thermostat Someone in my house knocked the thermostat loose from the wires I bought a new one, the same type, connected it and it will not go on. It will not call for heat. Don't know what to do now. Can anyone suggest anything?

Old Jantrol 21-100 Loud Buzzing at Call for Heat [ 6 Answers ]

30 yr old Jantrol 21 series Model 100, 90K BTU nat gas furnace. Constant pilot.single stage. NO a/c. A loud buzzing sound has developed. It starts upon a call for heat and stops shortly after the flames fire up. Lasts probably 2 minutes total. Every time there's a call for heat. Its pretty loud . ...

View more questions Search