Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rasha_qissi Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2009, 08:43 AM
    Windows XP Home, blank screen (with cursor
    Hi all :(
    I have Windows XP Home, blank screen (with cursor) thi is the third labtop with this problem this week I need a solution I can't boot from safe mode and have no response when I try ctrl+alt+del help me :(:(:(
    joel0613 Posts: 23, Reputation: 6

Oct 16, 2009, 08:48 AM

Hello,

First thing you should try is putting the Windows XP Home CD in and booting off it. Start the installation and then hit R when prompted for repairing the installation. Don't do recovery console. Do the repair. This will reload Windows and it will not effect your data.

Good luck

Oct 16, 2009, 08:57 AM

Hi
    Tahnks for your replay
    Itry this solution but I still have the same
    Problem :( still need help plssssssssssssssss:( :(
    joel0613 Posts: 23, Reputation: 6

Oct 16, 2009, 09:06 AM

Hello,

Going to need more information. When you turn your notebook on, does the Windows startup screen show up? Does your computer beep once when turned on? Do you have any USB devices plugged into it?

Thanks

Oct 16, 2009, 09:50 AM
    Hi
    Iturn my PC normally last time ihave this problem with 3 notebook in my work company the same action taken even every user was take different action no usb was plug in and the comp peep normaly
    Jamtrac Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2009, 12:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rasha_qissi View Post
    hi
    iturn my pc normally last time ihave this problem with 3 notebook in my work company the same action taken even every user was take different action no usb was plug in and the comp peep normaly
    Hi Rasha, We seem to be experiencing the same in a corporate environemt as well, we have had over half a dozen of these instances in the last 2 weeks. Not much info on this out there. The only thing we have implemented recently is Symantec Endpoint Protection, so not sure if that is causing it, the only other thing would be regular windows updates. I have found that booting the system to a utility cd (Hirens etc.) will allow you to access and restore the latest registry hives from System Volume Information.

Boot to a live cd to be able to access the c drive.
    Then follow the steps outlined in this article:
    hxxp://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545

replace x's with t's in the url above.

Hope that helps, wish we knew what was causing it, as it is a real pain if it happens at a remote location.

James

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laptop mouse won't move cursor on screen [ 5 Answers ]

Using a Toshiba laptop only 1 year old. Turned it back on today and I cannot get the built in mouse to move the cursor on the screen. I can navigate using tab and made it to the Control Panel then Mouse. It did not display anything as far as any mouse driver being installed. How can I get this...

Computer stops at a black screen with a flashing cursor [ 2 Answers ]

I have an HP Pavilion 743g. When I turn on my computer, the HP logo flashes on the screen, then it goes to a black screen with a flashing cursor. I have tried to hit f8 to put the computer in save mode, but the windows advanced options menu doesn't come up. Also I have hit f10 to do a system...

Blank screen after xp splash screen and then hangs [ 2 Answers ]

My colleagues and I work in a tech environment and we have seen several computers with the same symptoms. Namely a failure to boot xp. After the xp logo screen the screen goes to blank and it just hangs. This looks like a graphics card fault but changing card does nothing. Booting into safe...

Blank Blue Screen after login in in Windows XP [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Deary, After booting my Window XP PCs, I discovered that it won't come up with startup menu nor with any icons on desktop as normal. All I could see is blank blue screen. For now I could only check some documents up using ALT+CTRL+DEL which shows 'Windows Task Manager' -> File -> run. ...

Blank screen with blinking cursor [ 2 Answers ]

I am having problems try to boot up my computer. When it comes on all I see is a blank screen with the blinking cursor on it. I have a Dell E551 Monitor.

View more questions Search