Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    big bad bears Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2006, 03:21 PM
    Loose Blue Wire
    I need some help finding out where this loose wire should go. We have a 9 year old house and lennox gas furnace 80MGF series. Were not getting heat, it has a slow flash(no call for heat)on the LED code. The emergency heat will ignight the burners and we can get heat that way, but I don't want to run it to long in that mode.
    The blue wire is from a{sensor/switch or relay ?}a 2"x2" black componet, with terminal clips1 and 2 on the top and 3 & 4 on the bottom corners. The loose wire comes from the #2 terminal. Thisrelay is located a few inches to the right top of the circuit board.the label on it says48G901 24vac 50/60hz 3a 277vac coil products products unlimited.
    I'm having problems following the wiring diagram, doesn't say blue wire or show clearly the 2 relays next to the circuit board.anyway thanks if you can HELP.
    Craig / New member / 1st Question.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2006, 03:35 PM
    Sorry guy, but that was a very annoying post. Sounds like you have a heat pump. I think that relay was an add on by the installation company for the heat pump installation. Does the condenser run outside when you call for heat? If not just run it on emergancy for a while. Can you post a picture of the schematic and this relay? I'm going to be on vacation for a few days, but I will try to check in from time to time.

Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Neutral Break or loose wire? [ 16 Answers ]

The last couple of days, the receptacle where our entertainment appliances are plugged in has been intermittently failing (power loss). Tonight, I had a chance to investigate (but unfortunately killed the power and pulled the receptacle before checking voltages, thinking it was going to be a bad...

How I fixed my RTH230B 'blue wire' [ 5 Answers ]

Hi All, This seems like the hottest place for Honeywell RTH230B questions, so I thought I would post what worked for me after much reading on this forum and troubleshooting. My old thermostat had five wires: read, white, yellow, green, blue The Honeywell connections for: Rh, Rc, W, Y, G ...

My Blue Healer keeps getting loose! [ 5 Answers ]

First of all, thanks for reading this. One of my dogs is a Blue Healer, who is about 7 years old. We used to keep him in a kennel, but he kept escaping! Once he figured out how to scale the fence, her escaped right after we put him back in. We tried putting fencing on top, and he still escaped so...

Installing Honeywell RTH230B, what to do with blue (B) Wire [ 0 Answers ]

I am trying to install of Honeywell RTH230B thermostat. I removed the old Lux mercury thermostat and their were five wires Rh, W, Y, G, and B (blue). The thermostat has place for all of the wires except the B(blue) wire. Do I need a different thermostat or can the B wire be put in the Rc space...

A/C wire loose (pic) [ 2 Answers ]

I have a picture of the furnace switch board here. http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/laynevt/detail?.dir=/b5c9&.dnm=f165.jpg Had an air duct company cleaned duct yesterday and found out the guy made a mess. 3 wires in the furnace switch are loose. Gas furnace model is 58GS075-GA (CA?) RED and...

View more questions Search