Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bleed2loveme Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2009, 03:00 AM
    Can anyone put my mind at rest?
    Hi everyone.

This is hard for me to explain as I have never had it before so I don't really know how to word it..

About 2 months ago I was in bed trying to sleep when I suddenly felt uncomfortable, I kept turning round to get comfy but couldn't, my rib felt "strange" like there was something under it.

Its been the same ever since, as in, I cannot get comfy if I am lay down or sitting down, standing up is fine. There was no pain, its just irritating more than anything.

If I am laying on my left side it feels like there's something sticking into my rib from underneath it, if I lay on my right side I don't feel it anymore, it feels like my skin is stretching on the left side (for want of a better explanation!)

Now the "thing" under my rib is more noticeable as time has gone on, and last night I thought I felt a small lump, I asked my boyfriend to feel and he felt it too, it is no bigger than a pea and it is under my left rib, right at the bottom of it. It has not been painful until the lump appeared, if I catch the lump with my arm or whatever I get like a stabby feeling, and if I'm sitting down its like a dull ache.

I am going to the doctors on Thursday, it's the soonest they can see me, or if it gets worse tonight I will take a trip to the hospital, in the meantime until I get to see a doctor does anyone have any idea of what this could be? Anyone had this before or anything like it?

I have to admit that the lump has scared me, I can't help it..
    tany072075 Posts: 57, Reputation: 4

Oct 16, 2009, 05:45 AM

I don't think anyone here could tell you what it is. Just try not to worry too much until you get it checked out. It could be as simple as a cyst. I recently had a similar situation. It wasn't in the same location as yours but I totally understand how lumps can be scary. Mine turned out to just be a cyst. It was so painful. I got absolutely no relief until it broke open. Not even pain medication helped. Just hang in there, but definitely go to the hospital if it gets worse.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I have bed rest? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi dear dr I am 26 years old and in 16 weeks of pregnancy. I have had spotting from the first days of my pregnancy which last for 10 weeks and stopped and again begins. My doctor said that I have low lying placenta and fibroid which is growing. I see spotting twice a week. Should I have a bed...

Rest in Peace [ 2 Answers ]

My mother died in May of 2006. My step father remarried at their house on Sept 13th of 2008 to a friend of the family. My oldest daughter has always been very receptive to spirits. The night my step dad remarried my daughter saw a vision of my mom sitting in a chair in my mom's living room just...

Bow rest [ 1 Answers ]

I have a bowtech 29 bow when I draw it back my arrow jumps up off the rest .what will cause this.

I am here just like the rest. [ 10 Answers ]

Well everyone I am here for the same reason as everyone else but yet I can not help myself from posting here to get some one on one advice from people that have experienced this or from the "experts" on these situations. Here is my story. Any advice is appreciated! :) About 1 month ago my...

Bed rest [ 2 Answers ]

I went to the dr today because I had a scare on Saturday, I had passed a small amount of mucus and had cramps all day. I didn't go to the emergency room cause if something was happening this early on there's not much that they could do but have me lay down and take it easy. Well my dr said that I'm...

View more questions Search