Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    freemanpaid Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2009, 04:19 PM
    Never Enough for my Husband
    My husband and I have been together for 5 years. He says that I am monotonous, boring, and never emotionally there for him. I disagree with this. Especially when he says that I have always been that way. I have grown a lot emotionally since being with him, but it is never enough for him. I don't know what to do. Stay with him or find someone more on my emotional level?
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2009, 04:27 PM
    Sometimes when people tell us things in intimate relationships, there is a spark of truth in what they say.

Rather than disagreeing with him, or feeling defensive, why don't you talk with him about it and ask him what he means? Ask him what you can do to be more emotionally available for him. Ask him how you could be less boring.

Be brave and honestly assess what your husband is saying to you. If you love each other you should be willing to listen and make adjustments.

Perhaps you would both benefit from counselling so that you can get an objective opinion about any changes required.

Marriage is a serious commitment and it takes hard work. You can't just discard it and find someone else when your partner asks you to make some changes.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2009, 05:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by freemanpaid View Post
    My husband and I have been together for 5 years. He says that I am monotonous, boring, and never emotionally there for him. I disagree with this. Especially when he says that I have always been that way. I have grown a lot emotionally since being with him, but it is never enough for him. I don't know what to do. Stay with him or find someone more on my emotional level?
    WOW, has he always had total disregard for your feelings? If he actually THINKS that you are these things, why did he marry you in the first place?

Personally, if someone told ME that, yes it would hurt my feelings, but I would make it easy for them. I would tell them in a monotonous voice, that my boring a$$ is available to be emotionally kissed. And it always has been.

I wish you the best, regardless.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 15, 2009, 05:42 PM

There is a great book, called "love language" if a couple reads it early enough ( both have to read it) it can change their entire life.
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2009, 06:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    There is a great book, called "love language" if a couple reads it early enough ( both have to read it) it can change thier entire life.
    I was just about to suggest that. It's really important to learn one another’s love language because people feel loved through different ways. Also, one person's perception of emotional fulfillment may be different than another’s; you guys need to sit down and REALLY talk. And more importantly, really listen. This isn't worth leaving someone over.

Here's a simple test but you really should invest in the actual book.
    Love Languages Test
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 16, 2009, 07:07 AM
    Unless he tells you why he thinks your boring you will never have a clue as to what he is talking about. So ask him what he means and keeping in mind people who are bored, are boring themselves. They blame you for not entertaining them.

Pay attention to him, as partners are often venting about something that has nothing to do with you. That's why its important to see where his feelings are coming from, before you take it personally.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

H1B Husband, Husband and Wife overseas, LayOff [ 9 Answers ]

I was on a H1B visa and working in the US sine June 2007. The company that I was working for downsized and I was laid off from there on 31st Oct 2008. Subsequently since I was unable to find employment I decided to move back home at the end of November. I got married in Dec 2008. By that time my...

Is a good husband or bad husband [ 3 Answers ]

My father cheat on my mom with the same woman that try to kill my mom 4 year ago. It's a very long story. 4 year ago my dad meet this woman but I don't know how they meet. My mom saw my dad with this woman in bed together so at that time. This woman put a spell on my mom and my dad but the...

Ex husband was new husband to adopt his children [ 12 Answers ]

I am currently married with a child. However I was married once before and have two children with that marriage. The marriage ended due to her extra martial affairs, the children were very young, four and five. They are now 11 and 12. I pay child support and provide insurance for the children....

Is my husband gay? [ 25 Answers ]

My husband prefers me to masturbate him (Jack him off), instead of vaginal penetration; is he gay?

View more questions Search