Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2009, 12:09 PM
    Network Printing using Windows Biz Server 08 with Terminal Services
    I recently switched our company over to using terminal services to connect to our new Windows Small Business 2008 server. (Bare with me as networking/hardware is still new to me) We are connected via VPN to the terminal server and our reps log onto their remote desktop from a regular windows machine using Remote Desktop.

We have printers connected to our network using TCP/IP. When I log onto the server, I am able to install these printers as network printers. I have double checked (over and over) the settings with the way Microsoft describes them. I am able to print from these printers (I do have admin privileges & installed them, if that matters). However, some of my reps can print to these printers and the rest cannot.

I can't seem to figure this out and was wondering if anyone had any ideas..

Check out some similar questions!

Connect two different network windows server 2003 without routing [ 4 Answers ]

How to connect two different client PC and one server with windows 2003 with two nic One nic IP:192.168.1.2 mask:255.255.255.0 and second network IP:192.168.2.2 Mask:255.255.255.0 now two client PC connect in same (unmanagable switch) Client 1 IP:192.168.1.3 and second client...

Good internal I'm to use on Win Biz Server 2008 with terminal services [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a good Instant Messenger program that we can use on a 2008 Windows Business Server with terminal services? I basically need one that would be available to all users, limited into inter-office communications only, and have the ability to keep a history? And ff its free, it...

Printing in the network without turn server PC on [ 1 Answers ]

I have a dell PC who connected to wireless belkin router. And a brother multifunction printer who connected to the belkin router too via ethernet cable. And I have a laptop in the network. It working fine I can use internet, share file and do printing ( I have to turn the PC on so I can able to...

Downgrade windows 2003 server to windows 2000 server procedure [ 1 Answers ]

Hi.. Recently I planned to buy a server with windows 2k server OS. Unfortunately I was told that win 2k server will be no longer in support at 2007.:confused: What happen is that the application I need to run is under win 2k server only, can anyone advise me how to perform the downgrade...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.