Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ritza Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2009, 10:10 AM
    Small claims
    I received a small claim summons, because a friend long time ago invited me on a trip he bought the tickets I said no I'm not going and now he wants me to pay the half of the trip I said no; therefore, he sent me this small claim.what to do now? :confused:I'm located in the state of New York.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2009, 12:22 PM

Is the summons actually from a small claims court? Where is the case filed? It may not hurt to contact the county courthouse where the case is allegedly filed and find out if your "friend" actually did file against you or not.

Did your friend get your consent prior to purchasing the tickets? Was there an agreement that you would go on the trip, but you backed out?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Small claims [ 7 Answers ]

If a HOA sends you to collections, and then puts a lien on your property. Can they still take you to small claims to sue you for the money?

KY Small Claims [ 8 Answers ]

I was recently in the market for an engagement ring for my girlfriend. A friend of mine's wife worked for a company that makes rings to sell to retail jewelers. This company is not allowed to sell to the public. I met with her and found a ring that I liked. She told me she could order 3...

Small Claims [ 1 Answers ]

What are the law statutes on an tenant abandoning an apartment or breaking a lease

Small claims [ 2 Answers ]

I have the name of a person who has since been married and moved to Quebec How can I find out her married name and address for my small claims papers to serve her and do I use her married name even if the contract was in her maiden name?

Took ex boyfriend to small claims, HELP [ 4 Answers ]

I took my ex boyfriend to small claims because he owes me $2,600. And I won, but I am having trouble getting the money. I tried to garnish his wages, he works with his grandfather, so they lied and said he is working part time. So I couldn't garnish. What do I do?? I want to know if I can take...

View more questions Search