Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jinwoo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2009, 07:59 AM
    Harbor Breeze ceiling fan wall remote and LCD remote
    Hello,

I've just installed 2 harbor breeze fans that came with LCD remote.
    Everything works as they suppose to. 2 remotes controlling each fan with dip SW set up.

Then, I thought it would be nice if I purchase the wall remote unit so that I do not have to search for remote all the time. (intention is use both wall remote and LCD remote here) So I went and bougtht the 2 wall remotes with receivers. Did not bother with receiver and installed wall remote into the wall with correct dip SW settings then find out the wall remotes are not working. (of course wired them correctly)

After a few hours of tinkering, I've found out the wall remotes only works receivers came with the kit and LCD remote that came with fan only works with the receivers that came with the fans.

I do not get this part, I thought as long as the dip SW setting is correct Harbor Breeze receiver units should receiving the signal from either wall remote or LCD remote.

Am I doing something wrong?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2009, 01:21 PM

No, sounds like the kits use different frequency sets.

You can buy kits that include three matching pieces: a receiver, a wireless remote, and a wall remote. You may have to buy these kits and forgo the remotes and receivers that came with the fans.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harbor breeze ceiling fan remote [ 12 Answers ]

I was messing with my remote and now everything is not working, no light , no fan. Is there a way to reset the remote. I must have thrown out the manual.

Harbor Breeze Ceiling fan w/remote, help! [ 4 Answers ]

I just puchased a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan w/ 2 lights(1 up) and remote control. I have 4 wires(black,white.red and bare) out of ceiling box. Remote has black and white on one side and black,white,blue,and orange on other which match those coming from fan. Do I need red from box to operate other...

Harbor Breeze Remote Ceiling Fan [ 4 Answers ]

I can not change the speed of the fan with the remote. How do I program the remote for the fan.

Harbor breeze ceiling fan remote [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, ny neighbor and I have the same ceiling fans with the same remote code.I found the code switch in the remote but where is the receiver? My neighbor and I are constantly turning eachothers fan/light on and off.

Harbor Breeze remote & wall control both? [ 3 Answers ]

Just purchased a Harbor Breeze Triton fan at Lowe's. It came with a remote. I purchased a spare remote, and a wall unit. The thing is, even though the dip switches are ALL set EXACTLY the same, I can never get more than ONE of the controls to work! If I install the transmitter from the...

View more questions Search